My Dad The U2 Fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
My dad has always liked U2, but he's taken an even stronger liking to them lately.

He had to run my car on an errand for me yesterday. When I got in my car after he was finished using it, I started her up, and "Big Girls Are Best" was absolutely blasting!! *lol*

I just got home from class and work, and the first thing I heard was "EL-E-VA-TION!!"; Dad was watching the "Elevation" video on the computer. He told me he'd also watched "Stuck", and he said he really liked it. I was explaining some of the significance in it to him, and when I mentioned the name on the jersey, he said, "Yeah, they said 'Paul Hewson', so I knew it was a reference to Bono." I asked, "You know Bono's real name???" He said, "Of course I do! What, you think I never listen to you?" *lol*
biggrin.gif

I love my dad.
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Oh...Dad also enjoyed the article in "Time"...he was going on and on about how great Bono is and all of the good work he does.

Then we watched the video clip of when Bono fell off the stage in Miami and laughed our butts off...poor Bono...*lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------

Does your dad want to take a trip to Sweden and teach my parents some stuff about their daughters obssession??
wink.gif

Thats so cool.

My dad clips articles about Bono and U2 out of the paper and saves them for me for when I come over.

smile.gif

That's awesome. God bless those parents out there who put up with, and sometimes join in, our U2 obsessions. I'm sure my mom will be calling within the hour to remind me that the grammies are on.

I'm still laughing about him blasting Big Girls Are Best, of all the songs for a dad to blast!
biggrin.gif

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

LOL -- everyone has such funny dads!
smile.gif
Unfortunately I think mine is... um, jealous of Bono.
eek.gif
My mom loves U2 though and knows just as much as I do pretty much, and is CRAZY over Bono.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Do you think your dad sang along to the part....
"as long as you are on your knees and she's not on her back"
That's the part that gets stuck in my head.
I'd probably fall over if my dad sang that around me.

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Where can I watch Bono fall off the stage in florida?

I've got the file. I could try to email it to you or transfer it to you over a messenger. Drop me a line: Katherine@U2mail.org
smile.gif

------------------

I just got home from work and class, and I could hear "Gloria" playing...Dad was watching Red Rocks! It's on University of Michigan public television right now, and Dad was recording it for me in case I didn't already have it...I do, but it was so sweet of him.
smile.gif

BTW...donate $120 to the station, get a copy of the CD...donate $200, get a copy of the video...donate $300...get both! Any takers?

------------------

my dad got me g.a. tix to see the first toronto show.

then when he found out i had tickets, albeit not g.a., to both of the montreal tickets for later in the week he gave the acc g.a. pair to my brother.

but he did get me to front row b-stage for popmart in skydome so that was cool
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom