My BIG U2 Best Of Series.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
7 discs to be exact:

what do you think?

CD 1:

1. out of control
2. a day without me
3. rejoice
4. gloria(live)
5. 11 o'clock tick tock(live)
6. i will follow(live)
7. fire
8. october
9. tomorrow
10. stories for boys
11. i threw a brick
12. celebration
13. electric co.(live)
14. scarlet

CD 2:

1. sort of homecoming
2. two hearts beat as one
3. party girl(live)
4. new years day(live)
5. sunday bloody sunday(live)
6. pride(rattle vid)
7. 40(new years)
8. wire
9. spanish eyes
10. unforgettable fire
11. bad(rattle vid)
12. drowning man
13. mlk

CD 3:

1. i still haven't found what i'm looking for
2. in god's country
3. with or without you
4. red hill mining town
5. sweetest thing
6. one tree hill(new years)
7. bullet the blue sky(zootv syd)
8. running to stand still(zootv syd)
9. where the streets have no name(zootv syd)
10. mothers of the disapeared

CD 4:

1. angel of harlem
2. when love comes to town
3. hawkmoon 269
4. everlasting love
5. heartland
6. god part II(new years)
7. desire(new years)
8. all along the watchtower(new years)
9. night and day(one single)
10. unchained melody
11. all i want is you

CD 5:

1. zooropa
2. even better than the real thing
3. numb
4. until the end of the world(zoo tv syd)
5. mysterious ways(zoo tv syd)
6. one(symphony)
7. stay
8. so cruel
9. lemon
10. who's gonna ride your wild horses
11. the first time
12. love is blindness(zoo tv syd)
13. can't help falling in love(zoo tv syd)

CD 6:

1. mofo(evma)
2. hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me
3. gone(mexi)
4. if god will send his angels(single)
5. your blue room
6. last night on earth(remix)
7. happiness is a warm gun(mix)
8. discotheque/if you wear that velvet dress(elevation single)
9. staring at the sun(popheart)
10. please(vma)
11. two shots of happy, one shot of sad
12. north and south of the river(live)

CD 7:

1. beautiful day
2. elevation(tomb raider)
3. new york(irving plaza)
4. stuck in a moment(acoustic)
5. ground beneath her feet
6. kite
7. peace on earth/walk on(tribute to heroes)
8. electrical storm
9. summer rain
10. in a little while
11. stateless

uh.....no.

it's just an anthology i made up.

i wanted feedback about my tracklisting.

Very good tracklistings...the only thing I would change (maybe, depending on my mood) is the live tracks for disc 3...although I love Zoo TV live versions of all those songs, I think I would put live versions on that were more reminiscent (sic?) of the time period (such as the Lovetown Tour)...other than that, not bad :up:

walkon11 said:
Very good tracklistings...the only thing I would change (maybe, depending on my mood) is the live tracks for disc 3...although I love Zoo TV live versions of all those songs, I think I would put live versions on that were more reminiscent (sic?) of the time period (such as the Lovetown Tour)...other than that, not bad :up:

hey thanks.

i thought about that too about the live songs on track 3, but the combination of Bullet, Running, and Streets just sends chills down my spine.

thanks again for the kind response.:)

mikal said:

hey thanks.

i thought about that too about the live songs on track 3, but the combination of Bullet, Running, and Streets just sends chills down my spine.

thanks again for the kind response.:)

Not a problem :up:
I actually like Zoo TV versions of those songs more than the 80's versions! So I totally see where you're coming from...that combo is amazing!

i think it's a little lengthy (it doesn't seem like many songs were left out, lol) but hey...it's your compilation. :wink:

one positive thing i can say is, i'm glad to see you chose the tomb raider mix of elevation. everyone always talks about the influx mix, and i always felt like i was the only one who liked the tomb raider mix. :(

but all in all, i think it's a groovy compilation! have you already burned the cds? yep, i think the only word to describe it is groovy! :D :up:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i think it's a little lengthy (it doesn't seem like many songs were left out, lol) but hey...it's your compilation. :wink:

one positive thing i can say is, i'm glad to see you chose the tomb raider mix of elevation. everyone always talks about the influx mix, and i always felt like i was the only one who liked the tomb raider mix. :(

but all in all, i think it's a groovy compilation! have you already burned the cds? yep, i think the only word to describe it is groovy! :D :up:

yes, it is a little lengthy. it's hard to cut a lot of songs out. lol!

i should call it an anthology instead.

think if U2 released a 7 disc anthology!!!!

*starts foaming at the mouth

Hey mikal. i like the general gist (sic) of what u'r tryin there. As most people probably know here, U2 are on the eve of releasing the second of THREE best of compilations, a deal i think they sorted around the time of Zooropa. Therefore it seems quite possible that the third instalment of this deal could turn out to be a multi-disc 'anthology-style' release, similar to what u have posted. I reckon you could get most of your tracks on maybe four/five discs with more songs per disc, and at some point i'm gonna get round to posting my thoughts on what i'd like to see on such a release. Speculating on U2's great, but at the end of the day it is just speculation, and i suspect that some of us are all the more disappointed when an album comes out and it does not perfectly fit our ideal of what it could be.

mysteriousspirit said:
Hey mikal. i like the general gist (sic) of what u'r tryin there. As most people probably know here, U2 are on the eve of releasing the second of THREE best of compilations, a deal i think they sorted around the time of Zooropa. Therefore it seems quite possible that the third instalment of this deal could turn out to be a multi-disc 'anthology-style' release, similar to what u have posted. I reckon you could get most of your tracks on maybe four/five discs with more songs per disc, and at some point i'm gonna get round to posting my thoughts on what i'd like to see on such a release. Speculating on U2's great, but at the end of the day it is just speculation, and i suspect that some of us are all the more disappointed when an album comes out and it does not perfectly fit our ideal of what it could be.

great post.

you should post more.

I like it, Mikal. :up: I am composing a similiar Best Of series, but I'm trying to keep mine to 4 cds! :huh: :cool:

Thanks for your appreciation. I am guilty of neglecting this site for long periods of time, but i am being drawn back by threads of a good intelligent quality (such as this one; there are others too). Im still workin on the idea of my ideal U2 box set BTW.....!!

Cheers.

PS. My dream is for U2 to have a box set similar to what The Clash currently have with their release Clash On Broadway (3disc set)! Only with more discs!!!!!!! U2 WILL LIVE FOREVER, anthology or no anthology!!!!

Back
Top Bottom