My Alternate "paranoid" PoP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_One1932

Acrobat
Just thought i'd share my ultra cool, uber paranoid, alternate pop tracklisting with y'all. Enjoy!

Discotheque
Do You Feel Loved
Mofo
North and South of the River
Last Nite On Earth
Gone
Please (single version)
Holy Joe (the mix that came on the 2 track disco single)
Staring at the Sun (Sandbastards Mix)
Miami
Playboy Mansion
Two Shots of Happy...
Wake Up Dead Man

I like the inclusion of Holy Joe and Two Shots of Happy...

and the Sad Bastards Mix of Staring at the Sun

but personally I would've kept If God Will Send His Angels, or used the single version if you were really going for a paranoid feel

What is that mix of Holy Joe called that came with that 2 track single? I used to have that single but it got lost. I think that is the best mix of Holy Joe. I would love to hear it again since they didn't put it on the 90s B-sides disc. :mad:

The Garage Mix was the one on the 2-track CD. The Guilty Mix was the one that got crammed together with all the "Discotheque" remixes. If you make a thread in the Music On the Internet forum about it, someone'll probably hook you up.

i would re-package original pop with certain b-sides

Discotheque
Do You Feel Loved?
MOFO
If God Will Send His Angels
Holy Joe (Garage Mix)
Staring at the Sun
Last Night on Earth
Gone
Miami
The Playboy Mansion
If You Wear that Velvet Dress
Please
Wake Up Dead Man

LemonMacPhisto said:
I like the inclusion of Holy Joe and Two Shots of Happy...

and the Sad Bastards Mix of Staring at the Sun

but personally I would've kept If God Will Send His Angels, or used the single version if you were really going for a paranoid feel

IGWSHA just is too... bland for me in this mix. Great song, but didn't really fit with the album.

Surely somebody has to mention the excellent I'm Not Your Baby, whether the Skysplitter Dub version or the Sinead O'Connor duet? A top-class tune which would have been a much better choice for the album than Playboy Mansion.

Pop, though remains a top class album so to fiddle with it I'm not too sure about. Although people might moan about the amount of remixes that are out there and the lack of new material as b-sides, it was the album that got me into U2 and it went very well with the generation that was listening at the time. Think of the great albums that were released that year - Blur, OK Computer, etc. and they all went for that edgier, 'paranoid' sound. I love Holy Joe (Garage Mix) though and I'd have had that on the album too, though it was probably left out for the fact that it has the riff from Discotheque bubbling underneath throughout.

The_One1932 said:

Staring at the Sun (Sandbastards Mix)

You said Sandbastards :giggle:

I agree that Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad should've been on Pop. It's one of the greatest Pop-era songs, in my opinion.

While I love many of the songs on Pop, I just don't feel as if the album quite adds up as a whole. It's not a CD I put on and listen to in its entirety. Mofo into If God Would Send His Angels is completely wrong to me.

Back
Top Bottom