Musical tally from "Behind" sessions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snowlock said:

You have. It became first Native Sun, then Vertigo. Lyrics changed obviously, but the riff remained the same throughout.

Full Metal Jacket=Native Son=Shark Soup=Viva la Romone=Vertigo....

Bulldozer has never been linked to any other song development.

A fan once asked Larry if Elevation and Bulldozer were the same song and he said "nope, different"

Electrical Storm was written in the same studio sessions as "hands that built america" and "all because of you".

Sleep Over Jack said:
Wonder if any of the newly leaked songs came from that huge ATYCLB list..

I'd say you probably have hit the nail on the head right there. They're probably listening back over material from the last two album sessions at the moment, and almost certainly we've heard some of that stuff.

PookaMacP said:

I'd say you probably have hit the nail on the head right there. They're probably listening back over material from the last two album sessions at the moment, and almost certainly we've heard some of that stuff.

I agree, although some of them sound more like rough demos to me, so they could be newer. (or not even U2)

The other thing you have to remember about this list. ALOT of these songs morphed into songs that were actually released. Or parts of some of them were used in songs that were released.

What the hell? Where was this list pulled from! I'd love to know about all this! What are the 'Behind' sessions? Leftovers from ATYCLB?

I reckon Sun, Stars, Moon or whatever it was is/was a reference to Paul Colman Trio. They recorded a song with the same name. Anyone know this band? I think timothius did. Speaking of timothius, I haven't seen him in ages!

The list was pulled from Propoganda, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and various quotes from the band over the years.

COBL_04 said:
What the hell? Where was this list pulled from! I'd love to know about all this! What are the 'Behind' sessions? Leftovers from ATYCLB?

I reckon Sun, Stars, Moon or whatever it was is/was a reference to Paul Colman Trio. They recorded a song with the same name. Anyone know this band? I think timothius did. Speaking of timothius, I haven't seen him in ages!

The list was pulled from Propoganda, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and various quotes from the band over the years.

Back
Top Bottom