Much More New Music Rumors and Such...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono and The Edge couldn't have picked a more lame popular superhero than Spiderman to write music for.

plastic-man.jpg

If all the Spiderman songs are as good as Boy Falls From The Sky then I'd be very happy with U2 doing a Spiderman album.
An EP before the American shows and then the Spiderman album. That would be the dream scenario (a SOA album even better) but it's pretty unrealistic. Everything seems to get pushed back constantly.

I wonder what "it's all about Spidey" means. Is the band recording the soundtrack? Or is he saying that Bono and The Edge are going to be busy promoting the musical and thus don't have the time to work on a U2 album?

Part of me thinks SoA might actually work better as an EP. Slow and meditative works great over a course of, say, 6 songs. It might get old after 11 or 12.

Maybe there's enough Bono/Edge material outside of the soundtrack for the band to develop new material in time for the 2011 shows.

edit: I don't think U2 will release a full blown musical soundtrack, or that Bono and Edge have to promote it...the good thing is they have decided on which of the four projects to focus.

See, of all the superheroes, the two who interest me the most are Spider-Man and Batman.

Spider-Man is essentially a normal guy who's somehow found himself in a position that most normal people can't relate to. This is something I imagine all rock stars can relate to. Similarly, Spider-Man's mantra is "with great power comes great responsibility." This same comment can be applied to Bono, specifically towards those who criticize him for getting "preachy" about Africa.

:D I've always related Spider-man and Bono with that same quote. I thought it was a great match-up. :up:

I'm curious who a "cool" superhero would be? I think Batman's a little too dark for U2. Wolverine's story is based around rage and there's a primal element to the character that would better suit a hard rock band than U2.

The Incredible Hulk? No thats not really a superhero. King Kong? naw.

How bout Hancock?

Almost 1000 posts. Here's an idea: No one start another New Music Rumors thread until we get some actual news. That way, none of us has to waste time coming here for nothing. :wave: See you in NOVEMBER.

Almost 1000 posts. Here's an idea: No one start another New Music Rumors thread until we get some actual news. That way, none of us has to waste time coming here for nothing. :wave: See you in NOVEMBER.

i support this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom