MTV's Review of HTDAAB on "The Leak"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anirban

Acrobat
they are pretty excited too it looks like. but i think they should have done a little more research on miracle drug :wink:

It's no hyperbole: U2 are probably the most important musicians in rock today. Over 20 years after the release of their first album, U2 still love revolution, and are still making essential music. Early reviews are already proclaiming their new album a "landmark rock record" that shines with immediate classics like the tearjerker "Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own" and the epic about HIV sufferers "Miracle Drug." Now that you've experienced a little "Vertigo," the lead single from the album, it's time to get fully primed on How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. Find out if U2's latest is also one of their greatest, seven days before How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb officially topples stores on The Leak.

I'm just amazed that MTV is aware that U2 have a new album!

I mean, Eminem and Destiny's Child have new albums coming out! MTV, how can you waste your time with U2?!?!?!

For some reason? Hell U2 was one of their biggest video stars in the 80's....do you remember the 80's? I do, and I remember seeing U2 on MTV every 2 hours it seemed.

Even though they are an "older" artist they have a great MTV Legacy, so MTV treats them with respect.

I think it could be applied that way though. Though it was inspired by Christopher Nolan, we all know Bono's lyrics take on many different meanings to many different people. This is clearly evidenced on this very board. :)

"It started off being about the Irish writer Christopher Nolan, who was at our school. But in a more oblique way it's probably as much about Aids and the drugs developed to arrest it. I couldn't write specifically about that without feeling an idiot." ---Bono.

So MTV is accurate with their statement about it being HIV. Anyone who insists it is solely about Nolan is narrow-minded.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom