MTV News Bono w/John Norris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
There was a little interview w/Bono on MTV News this morning with John Norris discussing SYCMIOYO. Try and catch it....Gave a great insight to the song.

martha said:

Sure. I gotta watch something when I'm putting on my shoes, and it wasn't on the 8s, so it wasn't my local forecast on the weather channel, so why not watch the MTV networks when they actually show music?

Martha, I'm glad you saw it this morning, Do you know why is it such a surprise that people (like us) still watch MTV? :wink:

People still judge others on what they watch?

On Topic: I really wish I could ask Bono Q's. It gets boring hearing the same things over and over "This is a very personal album, especially SYCMIOYO which is about your father?" "yes my father bob... blah blah" "So how did you first get together?" "well larry was looking for a band... blah blah... larry mullen band (obligitory laughter)... first rehersal in his kitchen" Oh well, any tv with U2 involved is good tv in my book! :D

catlhere said:

On Topic: I really wish I could ask Bono Q's. It gets boring hearing the same things over and over

I know!

Me (instead of Norris, same setting): Bono, what's the deal with that leather jacket? I know it's more expensive than my car, but it looks like you got it marked down at Kmart.

Bono: ...mumble...extraordinary...mumble...emergency...mumble...father

Me: Speak up son, and tell us who taught Edge to play the banjo!

Bono: ....mumble...Larry... mumble....internet....

Well, the deal with the jacket is that it was something that could've been at KMart. LOL! It was found in some thrift store as a tan leather coat. This designer remakes old clothes. She painted and added the designs. So yeah, it looks new and old, expensive and cheap all at the same time.

As for the questions... I agree. Something new would be nice. But I guess there's only so much one can ask. There's the album. There's the band. There's Bono's work. I guess we could ask him his favorite pizza: Chicago or New York!

I saw John Norris in the heart in San Jose at one of the April '01 Elevation shows. He was just grooving out by himself... it was pretty funny. I looked over my shoulder, and, well I'll be damned, there's John Norris, lol.

doctorwho said:
Well, the deal with the jacket is that it was something that could've been at KMart. LOL! It was found in some thrift store as a tan leather coat. This designer remakes old clothes. She painted and added the designs. So yeah, it looks new and old, expensive and cheap all at the same time.

Note to self: Don't buy this designer's clothes.

martha said:

Note to self: Don't buy this designer's clothes.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking: "Hmmmm....I need to find a thrift store....:hmm: "

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom