MTV is showing decent videos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
They've suspended their regular programs and they're playing videos, I'm watching "Yellow" now, and I saw Elton John a few minutes ago. I guess I'll spend my night alone and sick with MTV.

------------------
The King has spoken!

PLEBA- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. :)

Tpyos skcu

MTV has been handling things admirably. They even played a montage of rescue images with U2's Walk On playing in the background. I know I have certainly been listening to that song a lot this week, and it was a fitting tribute to everyone working in NY right now...

They've been having great videos on.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Speaking of which...

"Stuck" just came on!

------------------

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
Stuck is on NOW!!

biggrin.gif

------------------

Last night I turned on MTV2 after chatting away for hours. I caught the second half of the "Stuck" video, and before I could reach for the remote to change the channel after it was finished, they followed it up with "One.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by DoctorGonzo (edited 09-14-2001).]

We must've had it on at the same time....caught the middle of Stuck and saw One as well.
smile.gif

Like Larry said in "Q" (I know it was about touring but bear with me) "It's the little things that get you through."

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

[This message has been edited by LarryMullen's_POPAngel (edited 09-14-2001).]

i thought the new elton john video was a video for a song written and sung by robert downey jr. it really was one of those "what the hell" moments.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I think what they are doing is showing a toned-down, subdued, low-key video music playlist under the circumstances. MTV is very near the attack site in NYC. Let's face it, their ususal video shit ain't very appropriate, the opposite of the adjectives I used in the first sentence. Not to mention, they mostly just plain suck.

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

isn't it amazing? i emailed mtv and told them that i thought it was rather sad that it took a national tragedy of this proportion to get mtv to play some videos. strangely, i haven't seen my email on the televison.
wink.gif

grr... i keep missing stuck. i always catch it at the same point, when bono is singing "i was unconcious, half asleep..." i have yet to see the whole video and i want to tape it!

------------------
"I can't believe the news today,
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away.
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one."

Love to all of you,
Emily

Originally posted by madonna's child:
grr... i keep missing stuck. i always catch it at the same point, when bono is singing "i was unconcious, half asleep..." i have yet to see the whole video and i want to tape it!

Last I saw, it was on VH'1's Top 20 at 17. You might try seeing when that will be on again to tape it. I'm sure it will be on the countdown for awhile now.

------------------

Yeah, I've been surprised at MTV the last couple days too. Sadly, it took a tragedy like this to get them back to how I remember them being in the 80's. I still have yet to see the whole Stuck video though. I did see like the second half. I think it is funny at the end of the song when Edge does his highpitched vocals and he is just lying there among all the food that he spilled. And Adam could care less about what is going on as he reads a newspaper.

Can I once again say how cool Carson Daly is? They had a special TRL on today and he and the rest of MTV did an amazing job with it. And the Walk On thing with the rescue workers was great.

Back
Top Bottom