MSNBC: Best and Worst U2 albums (Vote)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. The Joshua Tree
2. The Unforgettable Fire

Hey, I'm impressed.

beatlesboy said:
I was quite surprised to see "Zooropa" in their top five!

I was impressed!

I wish they'd done a full list, though.

Aardvark747 said:
Pop - Dud?:rolleyes:

Weakest album in their catalog.........and the biggest disappointment considering the four year wait.......whether or not you really like the album, it's definitely a commercial dud........it sold 1,500,000 copies which is dismal considering it was their first mainstream followup to Achtung Baby, which has sold over 8,000,000...

Wow. I'm pretty shocked by the results of the voting...I guess it goes to show, Interference is areally small part of the world. It's easy to forget that, with everyone who posts here.

1.The Joshua Tree
2.The Unforgettable Fire
3.Achtung Baby
4.War
5.Zooropa

*AHEM*

If I may, I'd like to direct your attention to the 'The Point About U2' thread I made on Saturday night. In this I thread I sited the string of pure studio records from 83-93 to be 'the zone' U2 were in, a body of work that the newer records are unfairly compared to so very often. That string of pure studio records is identical to the MSNBC top 5 list. My theory is being proven correct!

It is more interesting to see what people are voting on rather then 1 opinion at MSNBC.

There isn't one song here that would be considered memorable, although "Gone" is close.

Even though I would've liked to see Achtung Baby at #1 or max #2, I went along with that list until I saw the above quote. :mad:

StlElevation said:
how the hell is the bomb the worst album with 50% of the vote

Pop has been voted the worst, not Bomb. Obviously it was only the people with no taste who voted on that site, for the most part.

:wink:

my bad , didnt do a good enough job reading , saw the 53% above atomic bomb and assumed it was meant for it

Although it seems POP gets way too bad a rap these days I will predict that 10 years from now it will be considered a much better album than it is now. I'm not a "Pop lover" but I really think the album gets way more bad press and bad fan reaction than it deserves. I just listened to it the other day (first time in years!!!) and my first thought was "I don't remember it being this good".

Back
Top Bottom