msg prop. tix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheU2

Refugee
Originally posted by astoria:
only problem is they are ga's for the show on wed, october 24th... i had wanted tickets for the show on saturday the 27th.

I guess my chances for the 24th are good then since it seems to be the default date if you specified the 26th (no show). I chose the Wednesday, the 24th which works out good since I don't have tickets for that one.

CK not making sense

Yes, Astoria, I did get tix for the 26th... however, I went with GCs and not GAs... still need to check what kind of seats I got.

Originally posted by U2@NYC:
Yes, Astoria, I did get tix for the 26th... however, I went with GCs and not GAs... still need to check what kind of seats I got.

Why would you go with GCs?

Um, sorry, the 25th...

I went with GCs because I am a darn capitalist who wants to blow money away to help NYC recover from the disaster...

Seriously, I felt that buying better tickets and spending a little more could help New York this time around. I had some savings that I decided to spend.

Call me dumb, but after you lived in this city for 3 years, you'll understand why...

Originally posted by U2@NYC:

I went with GCs because I am a darn capitalist who wants to blow money away to help NYC recover from the disaster...

Seriously, I felt that buying better tickets and spending a little more could help New York this time around. I had some savings that I decided to spend.

Call me dumb, but after you lived in this city for 3 years, you'll understand why...

Great intentions but I'm not really following the logic.

The people who really need our money is the small business owners downtown, especially the Chinatown and little Italy area. Those business owners won't see a dime of any relief fund. I recommend La Mela on Mulberry street. My favorite, throw some food in front of you Italian place.

Or, give some directly to the families that have had a loved one perish.

A New Yorker for 24 years,

CK

PS Pablo: I saw a post where you wrote about 9-11. Could you translate it to English?

Oh, I've done that too. I don't know, maybe it was a question of self esteem or something but buying better tickets made me feel that I was 'believing' in NYC.

And I love La Mela. Actually, one of my fav Italian restaurants in Little Italy.

The post you are talking about was probably referred to a story I wrote about the 9/11 attacks. I wrote it in Spanish without trying to judge anyone but to understand its implications on me. I think I was asking NicaMom to post it somewhere on her website so more people could read it.

I got my 2 GA's for the 24th through Prop.

I will be going to that show and the one on the 27th (GA as well, not through Prop).

Mad props to Prop for coming through for me.
They rock.

AJ

Im goin to the 27th too!! Us interferencers are so gonna have to pimp it in the heart!
smile.gif
I'll look for you hawk!

someone here mentioned that they received them yesterday. u2@nyc, i believe. could anyone who got them please post, i'm waiting on them myself. i figured they would probably be the last to go out since they were the last to go onsale.

unbelievable.. sure enough, as soon as i write this, the tix arrive in my mail.. only problem is they are ga's for the show on wed, october 24th... i had wanted tickets for the show on saturday the 27th. oh well, it is probably my own fault because i accidentally put the 26th on my form.. and there is no show on that day. they must have then assumed to give me my 2nd choice in the 24th. guess i screwed myself on that one... ok, so now i just need to find somebody to trade with. cause i don't think i can make the show on wednesday. i was just going to go to new york for the weekend...

Back
Top Bottom