MrBrau1's guide for Friday after work.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Come home from work Friday. Buy a sixer, or 2. Find you're local crap rock station that's said they'll play it. Get out you're shitty boom box with cassette and radio. Find a good cassette. CLEAN THE HEADS in your cassette player. Test out recording a few times to make sure that piece of shit still works. Then sit back, order a pizza and crack a brew. Make sure you press record when the pizza guys ring the doorbell. It would suck to get back to your radio and hear the final chords ringing out. It will play, and hearing and recording it yourself is so much better than downloading. Then you come here and shit your pants about it. I did this w/ BD back in 2000 and Disco in 97. I still have those tapes. Good times. And it's still Friday nite, you've got the whole weekend in front of you. I am brilliant.:huh:

:up: :lmao:

I'm right there with ya pal.

*just not computer savy enough for any other option....unless someboday posts a direct link here*

Even if you get a online copy, you should still do this. If you can do it with friends who are as excited as you are, it's even better. You'll have to sit through an hour or so of music you hate, then those golden chords will shine through, you'll jump up, hit record, and CRANK the volume. It's so much better than seeing "download complete" on a PC screen.

Last edited:
I agree, it is. I did this with Beautiful Day and Electrical Storm. They are on the same tape, and Vertigo will surely be added. Too bad about geography Mr. Brau, or I might like to join you in your informal listening party.

If we could all get together it would be great. I remember being a freshman in college, fall 91. 101.5 WPDH in Poughkeepsie NY played the ENTIRE AB record about 2 weeks before release. Myself and Mac sat in his dorn room and listened and taped. Stoned, sipping brews, talking, listening. Really good times. Fast forward to 12/00, and it was me, Mac, and my bro sitting in my room in the Bronx, listening to the Irving Plaza show play live. Again, Stoned, sipping brews, listening, talking, and recording. Really good memories. Thought there was very little talking at either event. Just a few guys often saying "WOW."

Last edited:
i'll never forget when i first heard Discotheque, and i happened to be really high at the time. let me just say that it was one of the coolest memories i ever have, behind the first time i looked in the mirror, of course.

mikal said:
i'll never forget when i first heard Discotheque, and i happened to be really high at the time. let me just say that it was one of the coolest memories i ever have, behind the first time i looked in the mirror, of course.

Ha! That's great.

*tries to edit post.

damn! i'm typing faster than my brain can think. in other words, i can type very fast.

Mr Brau, if my baby wasn't born 2 weeks ago, I'd say let's meet up..remember I'm 15 minutes from you in good ol' tarrytown

which NY station are you guys gonna listen to?
I'm assuming KROCK will play it first, but I don't want to sit through hours of their crap.
Possibly WPLJ will play it, but you have to sit through a bunch of synth pop from the 80's. (or matchbox 20).
would Q104.4 play it? classic rock station...maybe, but probably not first.
105.5 is pretty good, but probably not the first either.

There's a station in Westchester, 107.1, adult alternative format. The program director said he'll have an MP3 copy at 8:30am Friday, and a hard copy delivered at 10:30am. They'll be playing it all day. So I'll tune to Krock and 107.1. Increase my odds.

Numb1075 said:
I plan to listen to KROCK, but 104.3 isn't a bad choice either. I never heard of 105.5. what's that?

it's a station in nj. wdha; it plays alternative and classic rock...basically anything rock and roll.

you should get it in the city.

Mr Brau/Jofo - thanks for the radio station info. I usually listen to CDs all the time since most radio stations play crap nowadays so I'm not up on some of these stations

thanks. I might not even be awake when i get home from work. LOL. But Friday I might make an exception if I haven't heard Vertigo during the day.

Mr Brau, just turned on 107.1 at lunchtime - I heard Lou Reed followed by Fun Young Canibals. Interesting blend over there....

I just found a really old 120 minute tape that I recorded the broadcast of the sarajevo concert on back in 97 or 98. I didn't know it was happening, I just turned on the radio in the middle and was like 'waaaait a minute' it's hilarious to hear joe jackson coming in and all that. glad i still have it.

SkeeK said:
I just found a really old 120 minute tape that I recorded the broadcast of the sarajevo concert on back in 97 or 98. I didn't know it was happening, I just turned on the radio in the middle and was like 'waaaait a minute' it's hilarious to hear joe jackson coming in and all that. glad i still have it.

yeah I have that too.
you mean j.j. jackson.
that's a great concert despite bono's vocal performance.

Back
Top Bottom