MP3 of New Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sharing it on NewMedia now. It's named "U2 - Electrical Storm (Album Version - From Webstream).mp3".

This version is definitely better quality than the streaming audio version I heard an hour ago.

Thanks!:)

Thanks

Cool thamnks for the link, I think I am one of those that liked more the first version, this one has lost completely the rawness of the other version, but the good part is I still have both of them hehe.

mikal said:
This version is definitely better quality than the streaming audio version I heard an hour ago.

Thanks!:)

I am also sharing this file on newmedia as
"electrical storm as played on us radio"

but...

I am virtually certain it is not the same thing that was played on the station mikal and I were listening to -- the beginning is different. At the start of this file from U2France.Com, the DJ says that "an hour ago we heard a different mix, the William Orbit mix which is actually going to be on the best of album."

So this is presumably another mix? A single mix?

The plot thickens. Yet again.

Thank you.

Does anyone know how to cut that beginning out?

btw I think the quality is fine?! :confused:

I am extremely confused.. as I stated in another thread.

I JUST heard it on my radio.. and it sounds YET different from the U2france.com one.

And the U2france one guy said they played a different one earlier.. William Orbit mix??

* stabs self

Sicy said:
Does anyone know how to cut that beginning out?

I have cut the beginning DJ and the music at the end out -- it's not *completely* clean, but better than what was on U2 France. The file is now being shared on on New Media as

Electrical Storm (no DJ US radio).

It is 4.98 MB.

The version that we heard earlier had a much softer beginning with Bono and simple guitar. I am assuming that is the Orbit version??

i'm in the same boat. the one from the france site sounds more like the demo then the demo. then i downloaded one from winmx from a u.s. station and it sounds more like a finished product.

i haven't posted in eykiw forever and now i can't get out

the u2france one is the one they played here. as in chicago. that's my xrt dj guy. weird.

:scratch:

it's good quality. at least they don't say radio one.

:|

edge's guitar doesn't kick as much ass in this version as he does in the demo but this doesn't sound bad.

i'm still kind of :confused: by all the different versions.

I think the new ver is obviously more produced, but there was a kick in the demo version which is missing in this one.I think they should have retained the Edge riff, but.....The best part is that they have made the bridge much more tighter, no longer it sounds like cut and paster job.

I think that would go down as the greatest demo tape in the history of music.But it gives a very good perspective on how U2 works in the studio and what is the influence of producer etc.

I just got my internet back after a month!!!

This is so exciting!!!!!

Confusing .... but exciting! ;)

...by the way, I love the new version. More than the first one...

Last edited:
There's probly like 5 different versions of this song. :scream:

* waits patiently for single to arrive in my mailbox so I am not confused anymore

If you have Kazaa, I found 5 downloads on there and they all have different lengths!!!! Very interesting and a good way to get multiple versions/edits. I guess we won't officially know which is a radio edit/single mix/album version until the singles!!!

I know it's frustrating, but it's also a lot of fun!! I never have seen so much activity on this board over a two day period!!

:hug: :tongue: :drool: :) :yes:

After hearing the new version in better quality, I must say I dig it very deeply (har har). I still wish to heck that old riff was in it!!

gah arg blah daggit blam petchooie. flug.

Back
Top Bottom