mp3: another forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrsheep

Babyface
no mp3 exchange allowed in here, so where are we moving to? there are plenty of U2's forums...

lets get the new bsides moving

What about the 3/4 of the world population which itunes couldn't care less about?

I buy everything U2 release, on all formats indluding vinyl, but this time they're basically forcing most of the world to search P2P etc for these tracks simply because itunes is only focussed on the US and a few European nations, so before you start throwing thumbs up icons around, check what country the poster comes from.

If they're from a nation that has itunes then YES i'm all for your statement Sicy

Peace:wink:

if people like me moves to another forum for their mp3 exchanging activities you won't be bothered anymore and there will be plenty of space for talking about bono's haircut.

Yeah, I love when people come in with no posts and the first thing they have to say is "where can I get some free mp3s?". So personally, I hope you do go to another forum. Good riddance.

Lancemc said:
Yeah, I love when people come in with no posts and the first thing they have to say is "where can I get some free mp3s?". So personally, I hope you do go to another forum. Good riddance.

I love it even more when people with a ton of posts because they LIVE on this site day in and day out scare those people away. Good job!

it's something when a new poster comes in to provide their opinion on ANYTHING and contributes to the site, but it's a whole nother thing when they come in from nowhere and start trying to get free songs or something out of it.

Lancemc said:
it's something when a new poster comes in to provide their opinion on ANYTHING and contributes to the site, but it's a whole nother thing when they come in from nowhere and start trying to get free songs or something out of it.

thats different.

before it sounded like you were being a snobbish....if thats what you meant my apologies.

PowerSurge said:

thats different.

before it sounded like you were being a snobbish....if thats what you meant my apologies.

Apologies accepted, though I realize I was a bit brash in my execution on that one. It's just terribly irritating when poeple like that come in only to serve themselves. Most other forums feel the same way too.

all im saying is that mp3 sharing is obiously happening in this forum, it generates controversy and apparently it can bring legal problems for the forum owners. So i'm proposing taking it somewhere else what I think would be better for everyone.
I don't know what me "newbie" status haves to do with all this.

mrsheep said:
all im saying is that mp3 sharing is obiously happening in this forum, it generates controversy and apparently it can bring legal problems for the forum owners. So i'm proposing taking it somewhere else what I think would be better for everyone.
I don't know what me "newbie" status haves to do with all this.

Start a yahoo group.

i've searched soulseek, just because a couple of the tracks cut off early. i haven't seen anything yet. when i do, i'll let you know.

mikal said:
i've searched soulseek, just because a couple of the tracks cut off early. i haven't seen anything yet. when i do, i'll let you know.
I noticed that too...Levitate, Beautiful Ghost, Flower Child and the demo version of SYCMIOYO all cut off. If you have any success finding complete versions, let me know as well. Thanks!
u2foreplay@yahoo.com

brownda7 said:
What about the 3/4 of the world population which itunes couldn't care less about?

I buy everything U2 release, on all formats indluding vinyl, but this time they're basically forcing most of the world to search P2P etc for these tracks simply because itunes is only focussed on the US and a few European nations, so before you start throwing thumbs up icons around, check what country the poster comes from.

If they're from a nation that has itunes then YES i'm all for your statement Sicy

Peace:wink:

dam straight, if they want to alienate the rest of the world, fine they can do that, but they arent going to stop me from getting the songs and the only way i can do it is by going p2p

Lancemc said:
how bout you buy them instead.

OK, I've got no credibility here, since I've posted like, once or something, but I'd just like to say something anyway. I live in Australia. iTunes is not available in Australia. I have no means of purchasing these songs. (not that it's even fair for the fans in Europe and America, paying $150 for a just few songs, but that's another topic). How am I supposed to get these songs legally? I've bought every U2 album, video, DVD, about 50 singles, and hundreds of dollars worth of other miscellaneous U2 merchandise. I'm a U2 fan and I want to listen to their music! If I'm not allowed to download it legally, then I see no other option but to download it illegally. If I had the choice, I'd support my favourite band by paying for the music, but I haven't been given the choice!

Last edited:
I've spent over almost $700 on U2 stuff this month!

iPod, CD/DVD album, DVD/CD/Booklet Album , All Vertigo singles ECT.

beacuse iTunes is not avalible world wide, U2's website should be able to set something up with iTunes, so those of us who dont have iTunes could pay to get them off the U2 site or something!

But as long as we get iTunes down under by tour time....that will make me VERY happy...if they put the bootlegs on there :wink:
(there i've said that 1000 times now)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom