Most underrated U2 song still performed today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

:huh:

Bad, October, Gone, The Hands That Built America, and The First Time were all never commercial singles either.
:D

well, in my defense
October and The First Time always seemed a bit like extra/hidden tracks to me
I keep forgetting Bad wasn't a single
and I thought for some reason "Hands" had been a single :hmm:

good thing I never do pretend that I know a lot about U2 lol

last unicorn said:

While I agree that Bullet is a great song and really underrated, I believe that you mistake political activism and the nature of Bono's involvement with politicians with something completely different (and wrong).

What do you mean?
Bullet is a slamming indicment of a right wing american administration that ruthlessly bombs innocent civillians in el salvador. Bono still sings this song and has this it as the centrepiece of his show every night, yet shakes hands with a US president who gives the go ahead for even worse attrocities.
In what way am i wrong!!!!!!!!

An Cat Gav said:

What do you mean?
Bullet is a slamming indicment of a right wing american administration that ruthlessly bombs innocent civillians in el salvador. Bono still sings this song and has this it as the centrepiece of his show every night, yet shakes hands with a US president who gives the go ahead for even worse attrocities.
In what way am i wrong!!!!!!!!

Because if he slams this president, all of the stuff he attempts to do with Africa go down the drain.

And it's not a common opinion that these atrocities are worse, or even atrocities at all.

I mean that he is not "friends" with president Bush.
Please do not generalize and call Bono a hypocrite.
I don't like seeing Bono with Bush either, but I accept that he has to meet with certain people in order to get things going for Africa.
He is lobbying Bush and other politicians to do something for the fight against poverty.
And he HAS BASHED Bush and others for this and other issues, just recently, because some of the G8 countries are backing down on the promises they made a year ago. And also on the war issue.
But it's a never-ending discussion, and I don't think it should be here because we are talking about underrated songs at U2 concerts.

Salome said:
:D

well, in my defense
October and The First Time always seemed a bit like extra/hidden tracks to me
I keep forgetting Bad wasn't a single
and I thought for some reason "Hands" had been a single :hmm:

good thing I never do pretend that I know a lot about U2 lol

I can understand the confusion with Hands - it had a video and was at one stage intended to be a single, but that never came about. And I think Bad had a video too but it was never a commercial single. With the hidden tracks thing, you'd be right on October, but I don't see how The First Time could really be a called a hidden track; I mean, it's clearly marked as the last track on the CD case ...

Electric Co.
"40"
First Time.

I don't think songs that people may think are underated have to be all out rockin songs..."40" and First Time general U2 fans may have an inkling. At MSG I was sitting next to 2 girls in their late 20's that didn't know quite a few songs that the general fan would know.

running to stand still- id prefer the edge's guitar version rather than the piano version played today. i was at one of the chicago concerts a few months and after they played it, a bunch of people were like, "what song is this?"

last unicorn said:
I mean that he is not "friends" with president Bush.
Please do not generalize and call Bono a hypocrite.
I don't like seeing Bono with Bush either, but I accept that he has to meet with certain people in order to get things going for Africa.
He is lobbying Bush and other politicians to do something for the fight against poverty.
And he HAS BASHED Bush and others for this and other issues, just recently, because some of the G8 countries are backing down on the promises they made a year ago. And also on the war issue.
But it's a never-ending discussion, and I don't think it should be here because we are talking about underrated songs at U2 concerts.

Sorry, i was talking a load of old crap yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom