Most top-heavy album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
This is sort of a spin off on namkcur's thread about sides. Which U2 album in your opinion has the best songs at the beginning and the worst / mediocre ones towards the end?

I think for me it's Zooropa. Most of the time I only listen to tracks 1 - 5.

:ohmy: how could you?? no dirty day? no some days are better than others? no the first time??

i do they they have a bottom-heavy album. sometimes i can only stand to come into joshua tree at track five, only because 1-4 get played so much everywhere else.

ATYCLB.

1-6 are good but 7-11(Wild Honey, Peace On Earth, When I Look At The World, New York, Grace) don't have much kick to them.

KhanadaRhodes said:
:ohmy: how could you?? no dirty day? no some days are better than others? no the first time??

well... it depends on my mood. I do like Daddy's Gonna Pay, First Time and to a lesser extent Dirty Day and Wanderer. Don't really like Some Days except for that bass line.

namkcuR said:
ATYCLB.

1-6 are good but 7-11(Wild Honey, Peace On Earth, When I Look At The World, New York, Grace) don't have much kick to them.

lol... I was thinking of saying ATYCLB but it's not really top heavy IMO with Stuck in a Moment and Elevation in there.

Zootlesque said:
well... it depends on my mood. I do like Daddy's Gonna Pay, First Time and to a lesser extent Dirty Day and Wanderer. Don't really like Some Days except for that bass line.
that album holds a special memory for me now. the first thing i heard when i got home from the hospital was daddy's gonna pay. certain people i know have very strange senses of humour. i rocked out though. :dancing:

i love the first time. :love: i like dirty day but i can't remember if i like the album version better or that remix that was a b-side for some pop single. i'm so helpful, i know.

KhanadaRhodes said:

that album holds a special memory for me now. the first thing i heard when i got home from the hospital was daddy's gonna pay. certain people i know have very strange senses of humour. i rocked out though. :dancing:

i love the first time. :love: i like dirty day but i can't remember if i like the album version better or that remix that was a b-side for some pop single. i'm so helpful, i know.

The 'Please' single had two Dirty Day remixes, the 'Junk Day' mix and the 'Bitter Kiss' mix.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:barf: The remix of Dirty Day is awful. Just awful. They should never have screwed around with the album version.

namkcuR said:
The 'Please' single had two Dirty Day remixes, the 'Junk Day' mix and the 'Bitter Kiss' mix.
thanks! i just had a listen and i was thinking of the junk day mix.

miss becky said:
:barf: The remix of Dirty Day is awful. Just awful. They should never have screwed around with the album version.
:yes: when i had a listen to the junk day, i remember it was the album version i preferred. but i do like the junk day mix, i just like the album version better. :slaps forehead:

Unforgettable Fire, for sure. can't believe no one's mentioned it. I know Bad is number 7, but that's it and even that one is so much better live. And yeah 40 works great for concerts but I wouldn't call it a great song.

VertigoGal said:
Unforgettable Fire, for sure. can't believe no one's mentioned it. I know Bad is number 7, but that's it and even that one is so much better live. And yeah 40 works great for concerts but I wouldn't call it a great song.

40 is on War though.

All That You Can't Leave Behind - it's difficult to say, as I do love 'New York', which is obviously very near the end, but the quality does seems to very noticably and very steadily decrease throughout.

miss becky said:

You've got to be kidding! The Junk Day mix is good and Bitter Kiss makes the album version look mediocre. They're two of only five remixes I like. Though the live Dirty Day puts any studio version to shame.

To answer the question ... I've no idea.

Boy: consistent throughout, and come on, THE ELECTRIC CO.!
October: I guess this may have the weakest second half. Then again ... Scarlet and October are gorgeous and I really enjoy With A Shout. To those of you who don't listen past October: what's wrong with Scarlet?
War: Great throughout, but Red Light drags the second half down a little, and I've never been overly enthused about THBAO.
UF: Perfection from start to finish.
JT: See UF.
RAH: The end is better.
Achtung: Despite the fact the second half has TTTYAATW, it's also got The Fly, Acrobat, and Love Is Blindness, three of Achtung's four classics (the other being UTEOTW). Second half is better.
Zooropa: Hmm. This may just be the winner. Then again, the first half has Babyface ...
Pop: Second half has Gone and Wake Up Dead Man. Definitely better.
ATYCLB: When I Look At The World and Grace are two of my favourite tracks. I think this album falls down a bit in the middle with In A Little While and Wild Honey, but I don't think the album's top-heavy.
HTDAAB: Brilliant from start to finish.

POP, I like everything through "Gone"......after that, it's all rubbish to my ears.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom