Most Played Live...As a %

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelaj

Refugee
* Most Played Live...As a %

Okay, we all know which songs are most played by looking at U2-Vertigo-Tour, but this doesn't tell the whole story.

For example, I Will Follow has had since 1980 to get its show number up, Pride since 84 etc.

Is it possible to find out how many times they have been played versus the total shows since after the album was released.

For example, say 700 shows have been played since TUF was released. If Pride were played 350 times, that would be a 50% playrate.

Would it be possible to get this info, or create it for the most played songs?

I'm sure there are some sites out there that list how many times a particular song has been played live. One that I know of is Macphisto.net. If you click on Lyrics, and then choose an individual song, at the bottom of the page it will tell you when the song was first played live, last played live, and how many times it was played live in between.

One has been played at every full tour concert since its debut.

No other song can claim this distinction.

Axver said:
One has been played at every full tour concert since its debut.

No other song can claim this distinction.

Vertigo? Beautiful Day? Elevation? SYCMIOYO? I thought some of these had 100% too

MacPhistoPT said:

Vertigo? Beautiful Day? Elevation? SYCMIOYO? I thought some of these had 100% too

Woops, sorry, I meant something that had been played on more than two tours.

Obviously, the recent stuff has an unfair advantage.

XHendrix24 said:

Not even Streets? :ohmy:

Streets was skipped at quite a number of Joshua Tree Tour shows (we're talking 12 shows here, 13 if you include the impromptu San Francisco "Save The Yuppies" gig as a JT Tour show), plus once on Lovetown. It was last skipped on 18 November 1989 in Sydney.

That still boggles my mind! A U2 show without Streets is just weird!

Axver said:

Woops, sorry, I meant something that had been played on more than two tours.

Obviously, the recent stuff has an unfair advantage.

Yeah... probably they'll drop Elevation and BD next tour... I hope... and then no 100% for them :macdevil:

gareth brown said:

ditto :huh: even the "less fantastic" version of this tour is indispensable for me...

There was a website that listed every song and how many time it has been performed live.. I wonder if I can find it.

gareth brown said:
yeah! i can't imagine that!
Bono even said that even if a concert isn't going too well, it always just kicks off as soon as the opening notes for Streets start playing.

kennerado said:
I Will Follow wins CLEARLY for most ever times played live.

Wrong.

· Pride (In The Name Of Love) (723 times played)
· I Will Follow (715 times played)

As per: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/most-played-songs-no-snippets.html

To be fair, I Will Follow likely DOES win as we are lacking a significant amount of early eighties setlists. However, as far as we presently know, it is down by eight.

david said:
There was a website that listed every song and how many time it has been performed live.. I wonder if I can find it.

Every song and how many times it has been played live or snippeted, alphabetical order: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/all-songnames.html
Every song, in order of most played including snippets: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/most-played-songs.html
Every song, in order of most played excluding snippets: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/most-played-songs-no-snippets.html

Also, on the pages of each individual tour (accessible here: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/all-u2-tours.html), you can see how many times each song was played each tour, and if you go to individual legs, you can see the data just for those legs.

Yes, I know about how many times played IN TOTAL, but I think that is a less meaningful statistic than %played...Maybe you could add that to the site Axver, if you were ever that bored.

thelaj said:
Yes, I know about how many times played IN TOTAL, but I think that is a less meaningful statistic than %played...Maybe you could add that to the site Axver, if you were ever that bored.

Yeah, I would like that kind of data too, though it would only be reliable for the Conspiracy Of Hope Tour onwards. You see, we lack setlists for some shows on all previous tours, though the UF Tour is missing only a few. That would negatively impact the statistics of all songs. I suppose the statistic could be written to be displayed as a percentage of known setlists only.

As I don't actually do any of the coding myself, I'll suggest this to my friend who does that work and see if it's possible. It would be a nice statistic.

Back
Top Bottom