Most overrated U2 album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think is the most overrated U2 album?

• Boy

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • October

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • War

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • UABRS

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Unforgettable Fire

• Joshua Tree

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Rattle and Hum

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Passengers

• Pop

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 40 39.2%

• Total voters
doctorwho said:
This was an easy poll. Without doubt, everyone should answer JT. There, I said it. :tongue:

I don't want this to turn into some silly "are you nuts, JT is great" thread, because I do like JT very much. It's just that I feel it is grossly over-rated.

My sentiments exactly.

The Joshua Tree completed U2's emergence into the mainstream, which they later (thankfully) fucked up with the 90's trilogy.

The JT is a good album, maybe a great album, but it's often the last U2 album I would think of grabbing for a listen. (Although, it is quite possible that some time in the future -- as with much of the music in my collection -- I'll be in a phase where I'll listen to The Joshua Tree several times over the span of days or weeks).

ATYCLB is not U2's most overrated album! U2 in the last 2 years has gotten heaps of critical and public acclaim more for a) their live show and b) their legacy, than for the new album itself.

And that's all I have to say about that. :cool: :mac: :ohmy:

pub crawler said:

Are you saying Achtung Baby is overrated by the general public?
yes

it is supposed to be U2's Joshua Tree of the 90's
where they redefined (how I hate that word) themselves

I voted for Joshua Tree. I like the album, but the idea that U2 is all about Joshua Tree makes me a bit of under the weather. To think that U2's music was at peak when they did the Joshua Tree, is the greatest insult to them as musicians.

All that you cant leave behind has to be the most over-rated album ever. first its not a rock album and calling that to be u2's third master piece i dont think so.joshua tree is way way better than all that you cant... JT has the big rock songs. streets , still havent found, with or with out you, bullet the blue sky, exit and more. and all that you cant leave behind only has one true rock song and that is Kite, BD is nice and so is walk on but the rest is lame.
OH did is tell you how fucking ACHTUNG BABY rocks. every song on that album is pure rock loud and soft and guitars and vocals.
u2,s early stuff is untouchable, why because its punk rock and not some sappy boring pop tunes.

so all that you cant leave is over rated and u2,s weakest album for me because its filled with pop tunes here and there.

Back
Top Bottom