Most Overrated Song Survivor: HTDAAB // Round 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is LEAST Overrated?

• Vertigo

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters

thelaj

Refugee
Most Overrated Song Survivor: Round 10
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
----------------------------------------------------

Please vote for the LEAST OVERRATED song.

So basically you are voting for the song you think is MOST UNDERRATED.

This Poll will Run for 1 Day

How to Play
Each album will have a series of rounds of voting. In an album's first round, all songs from the album will be listed and you vote for the song you think is the least overrated (ie, you vote for the most underrated). The song with the most votes is eliminated. This continues through the subsequent rounds until we are left with just one song from each album. These victorious songs proceed to the final, which will be conducted in the same manner until just one song is left, which you can consider to be the most overrated song from that album.
If there's a draw, for most rounds, both songs are eliminated. If there's only 2 or 3 songs left, I'll leave the poll open for another day, when there'll hopefully be a decisive outcome. Thanks to Axver for this text

Previous Winners on How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Round 9: Love and Peace or Else
Round 8: All Because of You
Round 7: Original of The Species
Round 6: Miracle Drug
Round 5: Fast Cars
Round 4: Yahweh
Round 3: Crumbs From Your Table
Round 2: A Man and A Woman
Round 1: One Step Closer

COBL. Vertigo and especially SYCMIOYO are wildly over-rated.

I can't believe people are voting for Vertigo in this round. You honestly think COBL is more overrated than a song that was played constantly (on award shows, commercials, TV appearances, etc?). :eyebrow: If anything, I think COBL is the least known song (to the general public anyway) out of these 3 choices.

Tough one but i am voting for COBL, even though Vertigo gets a lot of hate...

SpaceOddity said:
I can't believe people are voting for Vertigo in this round. You honestly think COBL is more overrated than a song that was played constantly (on award shows, commercials, TV appearances, etc?). :eyebrow: If anything, I think COBL is the least known song (to the general public anyway) out of these 3 choices.

Well, we aren't voting for the least KNOWN song. We're for the least OVERRATED. No matter how much Vertigo was played, I hear people complaining about it and referring it to "that ipod song" far more than people actually praising it. Also, because of its being overplayed, I've heard of many people who are sick of the song and who often skip it on the record as well as rate it much lower than they did initially. All of this because it was played so much. And of course all of it is undeserved, because Vertigo's a brilliant song.

So yeah, I voted Vertigo. :wink:

overrated just means people are rating it higher than it deserves. Whether that be saying a shit song is ok, or a good song is excellent, it is the same.

I think SYCMIOYO is the most overrated

Yeah... I think I misunderstood. I was thinking more in terms of how much exposure it got, etc. over anything else. Sorry about that! lol

The winner is

Vertigo 10 26.32%
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own 7 18.42%
City of Blinding Lights 21 55.26%

The Winner is CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS

Back
Top Bottom