Most Overrated Song Survivor: HTDAAB // FINAL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is LEAST Overrated?

• Vertigo

Votes: 48 55.8%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own

Votes: 38 44.2%

• Total voters

thelaj

Refugee
Most Overrated Song Survivor: FINAL
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
----------------------------------------------------

Please vote for the LEAST OVERRATED song.

So basically you are voting for the song you think is MOST UNDERRATED.

This Poll will Run for 2 Days

How to Play
Each album will have a series of rounds of voting. In an album's first round, all songs from the album will be listed and you vote for the song you think is the least overrated (ie, you vote for the most underrated). The song with the most votes is eliminated. This continues through the subsequent rounds until we are left with just one song from each album. These victorious songs proceed to the final, which will be conducted in the same manner until just one song is left, which you can consider to be the most overrated song from that album.
If there's a draw, for most rounds, both songs are eliminated. If there's only 2 or 3 songs left, I'll leave the poll open for another day, when there'll hopefully be a decisive outcome. Thanks to Axver for this text

Previous Winners on How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Round 10: City of Blinding Lights
Round 9: Love and Peace or Else
Round 8: All Because of You
Round 7: Original of The Species
Round 6: Miracle Drug
Round 5: Fast Cars
Round 4: Yahweh
Round 3: Crumbs From Your Table
Round 2: A Man and A Woman
Round 1: One Step Closer

Scandalous voting has resulted in VERTIGO and That Long One being in the final.

Which will be THE most overrated song from the Album of The Year? You decide...

VERTIGO RULES!

SYCMIOYO plays on the emotional card to reinforce the music too much for me, and everyone loves that element a bit too much!

Vertigo. SYCMIOYO is easily the most over-rated track on the album.

Axver said:
Vertigo. SYCMIOYO is easily the most over-rated track on the album.
NO! No no no no no no no no :no:

I really can't stress enough how overrated "Miracle Drug" is. The song is too by-the-numbers, too "Beautiful Day"-ish, but lacks the "feeling" of that song. I can't help but feel MD is U2's biggest miss of an opportunity for a great song. I love the beginning, the sliding guitar solo, Edge's singing in the bridge, and the versus are sung really well by Bono. HOWEVER, the chorus is disappointing beyond belief. The song could've been so much better if the band decided not to go with the tired arena-anthem, booming chorus. With the way everything sets up and then erupts in Edge's solo, I can't help but feel they missed the mark... the band should've settled for something more low-key, IMO.

Anyway, concerning this poll, I voted fooooooooooooor.... VERTIGO!

Don't get me wrong, SYCMIOYO is really a fantastic song. I loved it at first, then kinda got tired of it, now I'm thinking it might just be one of the best things the band has recorded... but I voted Vertigo mainly because it gets way too much slack on these boards.

I love both of those songs, I voted for Vertigo because it was underplayed in the US and is overloathed on this forum. SYCMIOYO is one of my 25 favorite songs, the most overrated song on the album though is love and peace, although still good.

WalkOn21 said:

It puzzles me how people can call a song "a classic" while it's barely 1,5 years old.

clas·sic [n]
Something that has maintained its value over many years.

By classic I mean a song that WILL maintain its value over many years

Well. I dont think any of the songs are over rated. Since I have to pick one I will go with (Sometimes You Can't make It Own Your Own).

REASON: Vertigo played twice in a concert has made it just a bit overrated in my book.

Sometimes is way overrated. It's a beautiful tribute to Bono's Dad and I take nothing away from that. I have lost my parents too and I totally understand how he feels. But it's just not that great a song, it's a good album track for what it was meant to be, but it's not single material, it will never be "One."

Ooops, I chose the wrong one. :lol: I thought I was voting for most over-rated. So SYCMIOYO ( :yawn: ) has a vote that it shouldn't have.

I feel so out-of-it....

I think the two LEAST overrated tracks on the album are--yeah, you guessed it--"Vertigo" and "Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own."

I've been voting for "Sometimes" since the first round. God damn it...

:wink:

The Winner is: Vertigo

The Most Overrated Song on HTDAAB is:
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own

Vertigo 43 55.13%
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own 35 44.87%
Total: 78 votes 100%

Back
Top Bottom