Most of us know all this already BUT.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghetofabu

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Got this out of Oct Maxims "Blender" Mag.

U2 Crunched!<--Article Title

109.7-->Revenue, in millions of dollars. of 2001's Elevation tour, the second most lucrative tour ever.

12-->Childeren the four U2 members have among them

11-->Words in the U2 song with the longest title.

10-->Grammy Awards U2 have won since 1990.

7-->Top Chart position for Clayton and dremmer Larry Mullen's "Theme to Mission: Impossible"- higher than any U2 single in the 90's

5-->Suprisingly small number of shows U2 played in Asia during the 90's.

3-->Blissful months the Edge and has been married to former Zoo TV belly dancer Morleigh Steinberg.

2-->Personas Bono adopted on 1992-93's Zoo TV tour.

1-->Number of shows missed by a band member due to a hangover.

That's cool! :D ...but! how about:

3 --> songs U2 changed on the Best of 1990-2000 without actually admitting it. :|

:crack:

Last edited:
I am such a dork. I never thought to put this thread in it's proper place. :coocoo: :reject:

Annnnnnyway. It was a small half page article. It was with Edge. He had comments for each of the numberings. They had a pic of the band and actually circled his face. :lol:

I was going to write all his comments but was too lazy. I think the one I did like the most though was for 12. "I have five. Being the most prlific member of U2, I'm well over my quota" :lmao:

What I thought was odd is that they could not find anything for the numbers 9,8,6 and 4. whats up with that?

Angel said:
That's cool! :D ...but! how about:

3 --> songs U2 changed on the Best of 1990-2000 without actually admitting it. :|

:crack:

wtf?

I have to wait till after work to get it.

"Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle of Milk/KOROVA 1" if you count the extension.

Alex descends into hell for a bottle of milk/korova 1?

If the '1' counts, then that makes 11.

Damn typhoon beating me to it :mad:

ghetofabu said:
wtf?

I have to wait till after work to get it.

Well I could be on crack, but... besides the obvious lyric change in Mysterious Ways, Miss Sarajevo sounds different and so too does Stay, but I am at work listening to them through a computer, so I was really just being a smart ass. :wave:

Angel said:

Well I could be on crack, but... besides the obvious lyric change in Mysterious Ways, Miss Sarajevo sounds different and so too does Stay, but I am at work listening to them through a computer, so I was really just being a smart ass. :wave:

I haven't listened to the new Best Of that well (bought it today and now I'm listening to the B-sides disc for the first time (IGWSHA (Big Yam Mix (how many brackets fit on a line?)))) :)
Anyway, from what I heard Miss Sarajevo is just the 4:30 Radio Edit. Although I think it is edited a bit too much (the 5:20 was much better almost as good as the 5:40 album version). The lyrical change in MW is correct. Don't know about Stay. Have to listen to that one again.

Still, TBO1980-1990 also had a lot of edits (NYD, SBS*, Bad, WTSHNN*, WLCTT on the regular disc and Love Comes Tumbing, Bass Trap, Hallelujah Here She Comes and A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel on the B-Sides disc). Not that much bothered then.

C ya!

Marty

* SBS and WLCTT were actually a bit longer than the album version (although it's only a couple of seconds)

Popmartijn said:

I haven't listened to the new Best Of that well (bought it today and now I'm listening to the B-sides disc for the first time (IGWSHA (Big Yam Mix (how many brackets fit on a line?)))) :)
Anyway, from what I heard Miss Sarajevo is just the 4:30 Radio Edit. Although I think it is edited a bit too much (the 5:20 was much better almost as good as the 5:40 album version). The lyrical change in MW is correct. Don't know about Stay. Have to listen to that one again.

Still, TBO1980-1990 also had a lot of edits (NYD, SBS*, Bad, WTSHNN*, WLCTT on the regular disc and Love Comes Tumbing, Bass Trap, Hallelujah Here She Comes and A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel on the B-Sides disc). Not that much bothered then.

C ya!

Marty

* SBS and WLCTT were actually a bit longer than the album version (although it's only a couple of seconds)

I didn't like the way they "chopped" the dramatic build up to WTSHNN. And the New Year's Day cut was annoying as well.

Son of a motherless goat. I just reliezed that I will not be able to get it after work. I said I would babysit for my housemate(it is her house and I live there.) feck feck feck feck. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:

I didn't like the way they "chopped" the dramatic build up to WTSHNN. And the New Year's Day cut was annoying as well.

Actually, if you noticed, "Bad" was also cut about 10-15 seconds short too. They cut the pause before going into the second half of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom