Morning Glory and ABOY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sindaddy

The Fly
Is it just me, or does anyone else hear Oasis' What's the Story Morning Glory as All Because of You begins? I keep expecting to hear "all your dreams are made, when you're chained to the mirror and the razor blade".

When i first heard this song i instant though the guitars were very Oasis-like and so wasn't to keen on the song. However after a few listens I got over this and realised that Oasis can't come close to recording a song like ABOY, mainly because they are crap, uninspired fools.

So far U2's list of influences or similarities in this album:

U2 (circa 80's)
Sting
Sade
Beegees
Rolling Stones
Clash
Ramones
Beatles
Oasis
Led Zeppelin
Nine Inch Nails
Black-Eyed Peas
Hanson

I much prefer this group of influences over the ones during the POP era when Bono boldy declared that the album sessions went well because they happened to be listening to the same kind of music so it was easier. The kind of music they were listening to at that time were Beck, Prodigy, and the Chemical Brothers. I'd take the other group of influences above any day over those trip-hop and jungle drivel.

Nice to know you found an Oasis reference. I'll also try to listen more closely and check if I can find any Bon Jovi influence there.

Cheers,

J

Mercy reminds me of The Killers, particularly the opening guitar. Obviously The Killers have been influrenced by many more established acts but it is a song i could see them doing.

TheFlyOnTheWall said:

HANSON?!?!??! :mad: Where? Which song?!? :(

:wink:

Hanson and The Black Eyed Peas had songs called "Where's the Love." U2 lifted that phrase for their song Love And Peace Or Else. Don't you find the Hanson influence obvious in LAPOE?

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom