More Work Less Holidays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredo

The Fly
U2 are still in studio.
"More Work Less Holidays" : That's what we can read on the wall of the Hannover Quay Recording Studio. Our photograph has seen Adam and Bono on Thursday, june 3rd. Bono said to him they encountered some little technical problems this day without any further details and he went back in the studio.

More pictures should come soon.

fredo
u2achtung.com

Last edited:
:Sighs: As much as I want a new album, I would much rather see them do it right. I only hope that they aren't overdoing it instead.

:yikes:

"snag in the recording process" comes to mind. And that was last year.

I really think all that meant was just that, a technical problem meaning something broke, they lost power etc. I don't think it has absolutely anything to do with the actual fate of the album.

They have NO EXCUSE if this album performs like Pop. They've been recording for YEARS just to get it right. Pop tanked in the US, and they slagged off that record as not being finished. If this album only sells 1 million, it will be the end.

MrBrau1, I think that is why the new album is so slow in its arrival. Getting it right.

If it IS going well like they say it is (and assuming they're not having the most horrible time of their career making it), IMO the reason they're getting all these producers is that they're being careful - after all, as far as I know, they're entering new grounds and probably the most exciting time for the band.
25 years of making music, and the same line-up - with critical and fan acclaim along with incredible live shows. The stakes are high to say the least, not to mention they've got to compete with a very succesful last album.

If this album goes down bad a la POP, so do they, I agree.

i think too much is being made of these technical problems. honestly, edge could have just broken a string.

fredo said:
Bono said to him they encountered some little technical problems this day without any further details and he went back in the studio.

I think that's absolutely normal. Just because he said they had some LITTLE technical problems doesn?t mean they'll need a whole new year to get it right. I believe by now U2 already have a deadline to the end of this year. I don't think they've been working on this album for years, they just been announcing it for some time now since it seems like they got some stuff that made them see they could make a new record by the end of The Elevation Tour, I THINK they went to the studio after the Elevation Tour was over just to get some things recorded for posterity and then they took some time off to be with their families and stuff and THEN they started working on the new album. That?s what it seems to me.

well I must explain what I said in the first message, Bono said they had some little problems to explain why he didn't stay a long time outside.
The day before, our photograph met Sam O'Sullivan who gave him an appointement saying he will take Bono with him, Bono came out but not too long because they must go back working instead of staying to talk.

"U2
Work More
Less Holidays"

Sounds like the work of an angry U2 fan haha. Telling the boys to get back to work and stop taking vacations. Or maybe its a clue to something about the new album haha like a title or something.

MrBrau1 said:
They have NO EXCUSE if this album performs like Pop. They've been recording for YEARS just to get it right. Pop tanked in the US, and they slagged off that record as not being finished. If this album only sells 1 million, it will be the end.

This is the delay! They've gone back in to make sure it's right for MrBrau1. :lmao:

If they have a killer single, that's all they need to sell their album. Discotheque wasn't exactly U2's fan base's "thing". It sold well outside of the US, but casual U2 fans just didn't "get it".

That being said, unless U2 do grunge rock or something completley different, they should have no issues selling their album so long as their single is decent.

spencr00 said:
if they don't have a great single with a great video to go with it, nobody will care

Hopefully they have a really awesome, original idea for the single / music video. Something that we have never seen that stands out and makes people want to see it.

Well they were all working away yesterday and it was a public holiday in Ireland!!

fredo said:

this should be the album cover and title... seriously... has a bit of a ring to it, looks cool, and would be a fitting send off to hanover quay studios.

i like it... i think i'm gonna go down to my basement and tell adam my idea, if i can pull him and the edge's cousin away from their thrilling game of scrabble

Re: Re: More Work Less Holidays

Headache in a Suitcase said:

this should be the album cover and title... seriously... has a bit of a ring to it, looks cool, and would be a fitting send off to hanover quay studios.

i like it... i think i'm gonna go down to my basement and tell adam my idea, if i can pull him and the edge's cousin away from their thrilling game of scrabble

To the first part: Holy shit, you're right. That would be a great title for the album!!!! And a good cover too! :up:

Th the secod part: :lmao:

We have some new pictures from Hanover Quay.

We could hear 3 new songs full of rhythm and another one slower but very beautiful.

Bono told us there will be 4 or 5 songs of rough rock and the rest will be some "classical U2".
And he added that the recordings will end in a few weeks.

That's all folks... for today!

clic on the picture to see the new ones ;-)

fredo
u2achtung.com

Last edited:
fredo said:
We have some new pictures from Hanover Quay.

We could hear 3 new songs full of rhythm and another one slower but very beautiful.

Bono told us there will be 4 or 5 songs of rough rock and the rest will be some "classical U2".
And he added that the recordings will end in a few weeks.

That's all folks... for today!

clic on the picture to see the new ones ;-)

fredo
u2achtung.com

Would you mind telling us how did those 3 songs you heard sound?!!?!?!?!? PLEASE!!!!!

sorry? i don't understand, i said there was rythm, it was kind of speed, very rock, I said "we" but I wasn't there. But the photograph and the people who were there liked the a lot!
sorry i'm french, my english is not very good :-(

Last edited:
fredo said:
sorry? i don't understand, i said there was rythm, it was kind of speed, very rock, I said "we" but I wasn't there. But the photograph and the people who were there liked the a lot!
sorry i'm french, my english is not very good :-(

That's all right! Thanks for the info. :up:

Back
Top Bottom