More "Vertigo" rumors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
From U2log.com:

Our reader Paul, in Dublin, offers the following:

?A couple of weeks ago, the British conceptual artist Damian Hirst was in Dublin on business. I have it from a person who met Hirst during that visit, that Hirst mentioned he had been invited to U2?s studio and listened to some latest tracks with Bono. Bono asked Hirst for title suggestions to songs and Hirst mentioned ?How to deconstruct an Atomic Bomb? as one and ?Vertigo? as another. So there you go; ?Vertigo? could well be the title track to the album.?

All these rumors make me really dizzy...
So, another hint that this could really be it. Also, press is starting to pick up this rumor: I saw the Vertigo info on XFM site and some australian and italian sites too. McGuiness could now debunk this. If not, this REALLY could be it.
Anyway, when did the ATYCLB official announcement(release date and other album info) get out? Are we close now to that?

Just saw that rumor too. :confused: I thought the songs already had titles and that they only needed the album title?

How to deconstruct an Atomic bomb? Sounds like a really heavy song :hmm:

U2girl said:
Just saw that rumor too. :confused: I thought the songs already had titles and that they only needed the album title?

How to deconstruct an Atomic bomb? Sounds like a really heavy song :hmm:

Most song titles are rumored - other than the ones the band have named (which also could be renamed before the album is released).

They always decide against the weider sounding titles. Remember Super City Mania and Hymn to The Universe?

How To Deconstruct An Atomic Bomb is one awesome title.

SpaceBoy said:
They always decide against the weider sounding titles. Remember Super City Mania and Hymn to The Universe?

This is funny to me because I once read a magazine (dedicated to the Zoo TV Tour) that said "some of the songs the band ripped through were "Guilt Is Not Of God" and "Watch More TV"". Those were phrases off the video screens on Zoo TV. How could you mix those in as song titles?

How To Deconstruct An Atom Bomb sounds cool, but not very likely.

JOFO said:
yes.

:up:

that is one F@#$!N song title.:hyper:

Oooh yeah! It makes me think of The Cry/The Electric Co. If only we got something like that, my life would be complete.

(Or, of course, another UF! :wink: )

i just bought an original UF used cd today, now all i need is an original october cd an under a blood red to make my collection complete.

anyway, unforgettable fire is the shit, yes i hope they can reproduce another. maybe a pop+UF hybrid

Maybe they're releasing those rumors to check what people would think about the album's title...

I mean: there are test screenings of movies...etc... but you don't expect U2 to call varous people and ask "What do you think of..."
The only way to test a name is to read this kind of forums...

discothequeLP said:
Super City Mania and Hymn to the Universe are bitchin' song titles man!!

so cool

Those turned into Miami and Playboy Mansion respectively

Swan269 said:
Those turned into Miami and Playboy Mansion respectively

I think Super City Mania and Miami are both pretty bad titles, but Hymn To The Universe is awesome and definitely should've been used instead of The Playboy Mansion.

Imagine, the How to deconstruct an atomic bomb tour... Should be funny...

"How to Deconstruct an Atomic Bomb" is a great title! The Irish press are also hinting at "Vertigo", after U2's record company apparently bought several web addresses with that word in the title.

Back
Top Bottom