More proof that Tom DeLonge is a U2 nut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ladera Heights

The Fly
This dude has been hyping his coming album to be the next Joshua Tree. This would be quantum leap from Blink 182. He says the following in an interview with Kerrang:

"Q: Who's your hero of the year?
A: U2's Bono. I think he is amazing and he continues to defy the gravity of what a rock star can do."

Click thumbnail to enlarge

Last edited:
I also think Blink 182 wrote great songs, but he said the Angels and Airwaves album is gonna be at the level of Joshua Tree. That is a serious claim to live up to.

let's hope he doesn't become another Scott Stap / Chris Martin / Next Joshua Tree guy...

but I must admit...

ADAM'S SONG is a piece of art... :applaud:

and I really didn't cared for ALL THE SMALL THINGS, but the lyrics were beautiful...

I really respect those guys

pepokiss said:
let's hope he doesn't become another Scott Stap / Chris Martin / Next Joshua Tree guy...

but I must admit...

ADAM'S SONG is a piece of art... :applaud:

and I really didn't cared for ALL THE SMALL THINGS, but the lyrics were beautiful...

I really respect those guys

I don't like Blink 182, but "Adam's Song" is so awesome.

Rule #176 of making a record: Don't compare your record to The Joshua Tree. No matter how good you think your record is, it's not the next Joshua Tree.

I'm glad the dude likes Bono though, fuck that reporter.

Didn't Creed pull the "next Joshua Tree" thing with Weathered and then Coldplay with X&Y? Maybe the reason U2 never made another Joshua Tree is because it's apparently supposed to suck?

This is what happens when Bono throws out "The Biggest Band in the World" challenge. You get a lot of responses.

Anyhow, I'm gonna miss Blink 182's poopoo, fart and blowjob jokes. I saw them live and they were fucking hilarious.

Ladera Heights said:
This is what happens when Bono throws out "The Biggest Band in the World" challenge. You get a lot of responses.

Anyhow, I'm gonna miss Blink 182's poopoo, fart and blowjob jokes. I saw them live and they were fucking hilarious.

Me too. :up: Sheer goofiness! It's fun to let your inner 12 year old boy emerge every once in a while. :wink: And yeah, I'm an adult female.

Back
Top Bottom