More new U2 album discussion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird Al or bust.

I know it's a huge biased pick but if we are talking about openers, The Airborne Toxic Event would be spectacular to see opening for U2.

Oh, so now this thread will go on for 40 pages with people discussing which guest voices they want to hear on the U2 album. :sigh:

And we haven't even started discussing female singers yet.

In all honesty, I don't want to hear any person sing on a U2 album other than Bono and Edge.

Johnny Cash, BB King and Bob Dylan send you their love. Willie Nelson is too high to give a shit.

Ye me too no guest appearances and especially not Christina Martin

Oh my god, I totally see what you did there! You can't stand Chris Martin, so you changed his name to a girl's name! THE ULTIMATE INSULT!

Oh, you are just so clever.

Oh my god, I totally see what you did there! You can't stand Chris Martin, so you changed his name to a girl's name! THE ULTIMATE INSULT!

LOL! That totally reminded me of Stewy Griffin for some reason.

Back on topic, I really hope Bonoretta's lyrics are better on this album.

I should have also thrown in a few choice gifs to express my reaction.

ku-medium_zps878fbf09.gif

cmt-medium-1.gif

Sharing a first name with mister Martin, nothing is more insulting than being feminized by any of the following: Chrissy, Christine, Christina, Chrissypoo, Christy, etc. etc.

I take this as a very serious offense. I bet he does too.

With such a name someone might accuse me of being... gay or something!

Tehehehe.

did he? god i never knew that - i better have another listen :lol:

He's on the song credits as doing organ and backing vocals. Some of those vocals are clearly not Edge- the title line is very Bob in his Nashville Skyline phase- but I think Edge has some of them, like the sha la las. Not certain, though.

Funny how we feminize a name as an insult in the US, but many of those are standard man's names in Scotland and Ireland- Christy for Chris, Jackie instead of Jim and so on. The joke would fall flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom