More new U2 album discussion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So just to get me up to speed, because of the fact CM (I can't bring myself to say his name :wink:) was seen at Electric Lady studios AND was seen canoodling with Bono in EZE we jump to the conclusion that he will somehow be on this album? As much as I hope he isn't, I don't see how much of an impact the ass clown would have on a song other than maybe a chorus or a verse. This is a non-issue with me and I REALLY can't stand Coldplay.

So just to get me up to speed, because of the fact CM (I can't bring myself to say his name :wink:) was seen at Electric Lady studios AND was seen canoodling with Bono in EZE we jump to the conclusion that he will somehow be on this album? As much as I hope he isn't, I don't see how much of an impact the ass clown would have on a song other than maybe a chorus or a verse. This is a non-issue with me and I REALLY can't stand Coldplay.

Yep. That pretty much sums it up. There's no proof pointing to him actually being on the album, though it's being reported all over the web and now the radio. But none of the reports have actually provided any evidence that he actually recorded a song with them.

He was in the studio with them. That's one layer closer. And well it makes sense that he would record with them. The collaboration bit is still rumor/assumption but it's definitely a real possibility. I won't be surprised in the least when half of this stuff winds up to be true.

This album, unlike the last, will choke the listener with its good-time smell.

1000754_189473457888526_1376192902_n.jpg

I can't wait to hear Bono sing:
Para-Para-Paradise
Oh wait that was already taken
OOOO compelling lyrics, it's like an ice pick to the brain

He was in the studio with them. That's one layer closer. And well it makes sense that he would record with them. The collaboration bit is still rumor/assumption but it's definitely a real possibility. I won't be surprised in the least when half of this stuff winds up to be true.

Just wondering, why would it "make sense" to have him on the album?

And please DON'T take offense to this I'm not trying to start anything but I don't see any sense to it.

I can't wait to hear Bono sing:
Para-Para-Paradise
Oh wait that was already taken
OOOO compelling lyrics, it's like an ice pick to the brain

One line?

Assuming there is even the least bit of merit to this rumor, it could always be a thing like R.E.M. did on their final album. They had Eddie Vedder come in to do backing vocals on one track, and he's barely even present on the song (unless you're specifically looking to hear him, of course).

I like coldplay (except this mylo xiloto thing). having chris martin doing vocals on a u2 album is not even 0,0001% embarrassing as the nightmare of one with mary j blidge.

One line?

Assuming there is even the least bit of merit to this rumor, it could always be a thing like R.E.M. did on their final album. They had Eddie Vedder come in to do backing vocals on one track, and he's barely even present on the song (unless you're specifically looking to hear him, of course).

Chrissy would have burst into tears if they didn't let him have at least a verse. He would have stamped his feet and thrown his tofu at Bono. The rumor is hopefully BS, but if it does have a kernel of truth you can take this to the bank - he will be very audible on the track he's on.

By the way some people are acting, one would think that Chris Martin would be singing lead vocals on every track.

That certainly would be different. They haven't done a guest vocal since Zooropa. I don't know if that's the kind of different they are looking for, though. My sense is that they want to look good and be impressive all on their own, not try to borrow it from someone else.

By the way some people are acting, one would think that Chris Martin would be singing lead vocals on every track.

Seriously.

WE GET IT. Lots of people hate Chris Martin and Coldplay. No one cares. Get over it and stop whining.

Chrissy would have burst into tears if they didn't let him have at least a verse. He would have stamped his feet and thrown his tofu at Bono. The rumor is hopefully BS, but if it does have a kernel of truth you can take this to the bank - he will be very audible on the track he's on.

You mean like when he played guitar and sang harmony on Losing My Religion at the 12.12.12 concert and let Michael Stipe have the entire spotlight to himself, in a set that was billed as being Chris Martin and only Chris Martin?

Some of you have some issues that you should really get over. We get it. You don't like Coldplay.

But are we really, in a U2 forum, go bashing a lead singer for being an attention whore who lots of people hate? Really?

You mean like when he played guitar and sang harmony on Losing My Religion at the 12.12.12 concert and let Michael Stipe have the entire spotlight to himself, in a set that was billed as being Chris Martin and only Chris Martin?

Ha. See. You were duped! Chris Martin actually stole the spotlight by letting Stipe have the his time. :wink:

Where's the official announcement when you need it! I don't care who is singing with the band. I just want a new album. We are experiencing the longest gap between two records now. So, release some new stuff. What are they waiting for...

Where's the official announcement when you need it! I don't care who is singing with the band. I just want a new album. We are experiencing the longest gap between two records now. So, release some new stuff. What are they waiting for...

Would you feel the same way if I told you Tom Green was going to sing about his bum on a few tracks?

I would much rather them do a guest vocal with Caleb Followill from Kings Of Leon. I think that would be a nice contrast. Chris Martin has always had too much of a similar style as Bono.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom