More new U2 album discussion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
War Child. Not related to the new album

BOpurgiCUAAfHEJ.jpg

War Child artwork, prints, memorabilia for charity auction - Music News - Digital Spy

war-child-supergroup.jpg

With Pearl Jam's tour and album/single announcements coming this week, any chance they are coordinating promotions with U2? Maybe Pearl Jam with July news and an October release and U2 with August news and November release?!? :drool:

I heard it from my dog's groomer's cousin's neighbor who has talked to Bono in France recently.

HAHAHA this is so funny because it pretends that a dog can pass along information like other people, and it's like an exaggeration of the many-degrees-of-separation/unreliable sources of information thing we hear about so often!

:|

Chris Martin was at the studios at least one day while U2 was there. Fact.

Chris and Bono have been seen together a tad more often than usual of late. Yes, fact.

Chris Martin is therefore on the new U2 album. Slow down.

Would it be inconceivable? No... Do we have any proof beyond speculation? No.

So stop freaking out already

Thank you for being a voice of reason. :wink:

I don't mind Chris Martin or Coldplay. :reject:

*hides*

I really like Chris Martin and Coldplay.

*hides as well*

... which is just fine, of course.

I really liked Coldplay up to about 2005. Didn't mind that "Lost" song either.....and "Strawberry Swing" Their most recent album felt like a complete disaster though. I think there was only one song I liked because it sounded like something that would have been on "Parachutes".

I never got into their last album other than maybe two songs. I'm not the biggest fan of Parachutes myself, but the recent album made that seem like Abbey Road in hindsight!

HAHAHA this is so funny because it pretends that a dog can pass along information like other people, and it's like an exaggeration of the many-degrees-of-separation/unreliable sources of information thing we hear about so often!

:|

Actually, I heard it from my fish first, who has been talking to my dog. But then, that would be even less credible.

The point being, we can wisely conclude that Chris Martin is featured on the new album.

Here is the translation of an article from an Italian forum, sorry about the poor translation....

U2, the end of the mystery. Here comes the new CD: "It will be awkward music." (Di Paola Giordano)
Posted on July 8, 2013 by passengers
Here is a simple copy and paste the article published this morning by morning Paolo Giordano in the newspaper "Il Giornale".
The album will be released in the fall (but the title is not "Manhattan") The decisive challenge after rumors of the dissolution and poor inspiration
Paolo Giordano - Mon, 08/07/2013 - 08:56
So there we are: U2 share. Other than dissolution and retirement rock, as some had imagined / feared / hoped.
End of the yellow colored even more last year by phrases like these to Bono: "We do not care if the new disk it will take another decade or even if it would never arrive." As if to say: we are bogged down. But no. Sure, there will be three simultaneous projects of which Bono spoke three years ago, but nearly five years from No line on the horizon (nice but sold less than expected) comes the thirteenth disk that band that Bruce Springsteen will be 'l' last of which people will remember the name of all four components. " In short, U2 reloaded: new tour, new album. And 2014 as the test bed of the expected blockbuster tour. Meanwhile, the new songs are ready, ten at most eleven expected release in autumn and environments record covertly confirm.
The other day the blog of Canadian journalist Alan Cross reported even the lineup of songs, from Skyline North star (song performed in Turin in 2010) until the eleventh and unusually long Earth 2030, which lasts almost eight minutes. In addition it was also mentioned in the title of the entire disc, Manhattan, but it will not be the final one, just like the 10 Reasons to exist or the Song of Ascent circulated some time ago. So the car can share U2 as usual great. And last Monday, when Bono was down by a car with tinted windows for lunch at Baja Benjamin in Ventimiglia (squid stuffed with vegetable brunoise with creamed peas and Ligurian sea bream) had relaxed the face of those who are ready to leave for another adventure. Indeed, for one of the most delicate adventures of his career, however glittering without ifs and buts. U2 are on the ridge there is more dangerous: a megaband with a repertoire decisive commitment not to slip nell'autoreferenzialità exhaustion of creativity. Difficult challenge, especially in a time in which the myths of quickly consumed by spontaneous combustion and then survive the great future in bringing their gigantic past? Do you know the Rolling Stones the other night in Hyde Park have made the audience go crazy playing songs over forty?
Behold, the alternative model is this. Otherwise U2 U2 will be obliged to do. And this seems to be the will of four musicians who met in 1976 thanks to an ad in the board of Mount Temple Comprehensive School, then took over the world and have managed to not be won over by the individual egos. Each has embarked on individual projects leaving the collective life (Larry Mullen plays in a new movie after Man on the train, as usual activist Bono, recently appeared with Sugar in London in Agit8). In addition, you have thinned the more or less veiled accusations of tax evasion and opportunism of Bono indeed, say, "piacionismo": Always next to the powerful, always in the right place at the right time with the right words. Time to time. And often a supergroup who need a long time to find the starting blocks.
After the ballet producers called from time to time to follow the birth of the new songs (from Will.I.Am up to what should be the final one, ie Danger Mouse) confirms what Adam Clayton said a few months ago: "We have a bunch of stuff aside. But to make the best record possible, you need to stay away from things that you can easy. We are really trying to get into the territories of us extremely uncomfortable, if I may say so. " Hip hop influences? Jazz? Who knows. The style is that U2, then still recognizable. And, of course, with the boundaries expansible so that you can always look new even if sprouting from well over thirty years.

It's just a quote lost in translation from the old Adam quote, where he talks about needing to be out of their comfort zone and forcing themselves to bla bla bla bla bla.

the article adds nothing new, but just summarizes some of what we know, and dispels the notion that Manhattan is the title of the album.

click. clack.

"But to make the best record possible, you need to stay away from things that you can easy. We are really trying to get into the territories of us extremely uncomfortable, if I may say so. "

has to be where the awkward music line comes from.

WTH Bono had the squid stuffed with vegetable Brunoise and creamed peas and the Ligurian sea bream... :|

And "All My life" I wonder if everybody has forgoten this song. It could be a great one.

:angry: The radio dj here said U2, right after Paradise ended. And then mentioned the rumours about CM joining U2 on the new record.

Time to burn the radio station I guess. :fist:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom