More new U2 album discussion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
visited U2.com and saw the Zooropa splash page.. what a killer album cover. I used to just stare at that while listening to the album, looking for secrets.

U2 havent had a stare-worthy album cover for a long time.. here's hoping that changes this time. bring on the Jose Parla..

Yep, they're in a picture together, that means he's on the album.
:rolleyes:

Even if he is, as much as I think it's a bad idea, I can think of about 1000 artists who would be worse.
Let's hope it's just some really subtle backing vocals, if anything. Still not convinced there's any truth to this, though.

Let me preface this by saying that I find Chris Martin's voice a bit insipid at the best of times, but the fears expressed here that he might 'ruin' the new album (I'm paraphrasing a bit here) are a bit ridiculous.

Let's think about this for a second. Even if he is on there, he's not likely to be very prominent is he?

Case in point: Does anyone here really care that Chrissie Hynde from the Pretenders appears on 'Pride'?

No, didn't think so.

Right, carry on. :reject:

I had no clue any guest singers appeared on Pride, lol. If Chris Martin appears on a song and is invisible as Chrissie Hynde, then I'm fine with it, or even if it's in the background like Sufjan Stevens on The Nationals' High Violet. But if he's even given his own verse on this new album, then I'll be pretty pissed.

With that said, I still doubt that it's true.

Chris Martin was at the studios at least one day while U2 was there. Fact.

Chris and Bono have been seen together a tad more often than usual of late. Yes, fact.

Chris Martin is therefore on the new U2 album. Slow down.

Would it be inconceivable? No... Do we have any proof beyond speculation? No.

So stop freaking out already

He could be playing the piano or something else, not necessarily singing.

Or, this is U2's last album and they have Chris Martin singing a lot on it so that we get brainwashed into liking Coldplay. That way, when U2 retires, we won't be so sad, because there's always Coldplay! :panic: :wink:

I really liked Coldplay up to about 2005. Didn't mind that "Lost" song either.....and "Strawberry Swing" Their most recent album felt like a complete disaster though. I think there was only one song I liked because it sounded like something that would have been on "Parachutes".

Chris Martin was at the studios at least one day while U2 was there. Fact.

Chris and Bono have been seen together a tad more often than usual of late. Yes, fact.

Chris Martin is therefore on the new U2 album. Slow down.

Would it be inconceivable? No... Do we have any proof beyond speculation? No.

So stop freaking out already

How DARE you bring logic in here!

Let's think about this for a second. Even if he is on there, he's not likely to be very prominent is he?

Case in point: Does anyone here really care that Chrissie Hynde from the Pretenders appears on 'Pride'?

Well the difference is that Chrissie Hynde is cool. But your first point is spot-on.

Of course, the fact that this discussion has been kept alive by a Tweet from "Coldplay Turkey" is ridiculous. Like they're going to know finalized details on the album before a more U2-centric source?

Come the fuck on.

MCGUINNESS BREAKS U2 FANS HEARTS WITH SHOCKING NEWS
Paul McGuinness has just announced that former Coldplay front man Chris Martin will be taking over lead vocals for Irish supergroup U2. This shocking announcement has set the internet, twitter ablaze along with recent Martin - Bono sightings ranging from New York to France. This news comes as yet another Bombshell in U2's often rocky and roller coaster career; their 2009 album 'No Line on the Horizon' failed to have a hit single and the accompanying '360 Tour' had such record setting low attendance the band delayed their follow-up album 'Songs of Ascent' out of fear it too would be a failure, according to sources. McGuinness, however, remains optimistic that Bono will still have a "vital role" with the band. He has said the band would like to keep Bono around "maybe we can use him on the harmonica, tambourine. If nothing else perhaps we can get Bono to make us all tea before the show", McGuinness quips. What do you think? (Sound of below in the comments section - must be logged in to comment).

I thought it was Adam's job to make tea. Is this implying that Chris Martin has taken over bass on the album?

EDIT: It's true. Martin is doing vocals, piano, and bass on the new album. I heard it from my dog's groomer's cousin's neighbor who has talked to Bono in France recently. Bono is reportedly not okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom