More new U2 album discussion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Electric Lady Land? Oh wait, I think that one may be taken.

Electric Larry Land

Just an FYI that I talked to my dad about U2 last night, and he remembers hearing the song "Staring At The Sun" on the radio many years ago.

Not sure if this counts as news or not.

I actually heard SATS on the radio this morning, or XM Lithium, it was around 5 am and I was driving back from the bar to work

I actually heard SATS on the radio this morning, or XM Lithium, it was around 5 am and I was driving back from the bar to work

One of those stations tends to plays an acoustic version of TTTYAATW that I haven't been able to find for the life of me. Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about here?

Probably the 'baby' version from the AB deluxe edition?

I didn't even think of that! Listening to the 'baby' version right now, and I'm not sure if that's the one I heard. It probably is more likely than not though, since I can't think of another similar version out there.

They have an XM channel that plays a lot of acoustic stuff but its not one of my saved channels. I usually listen to XMU, alt nation, BPM, or 1st wave.

They have an XM channel that plays a lot of acoustic stuff but its not one of my saved channels. I usually listen to XMU, alt nation, BPM, or 1st wave.

Don't tell SiriusXM, but I would pay the monthly subscription if all they offered was 1st Wave. The Saturday Night Safety Dance is da bomb.

I listen to XMU and Alt Nation a lot (and 1st Wave some of the time). The nice thing about my truck' s stereo is that I have the feature that tells you when a certain artist is playing on the radio, and I usually get 2 or more notifications about U2 every time I get in the car. :lol: A lot of the time, it's in the 300 channels, which usually means a live version of Gloria or SBS - along those lines anyway. But they do play the usual suspects and some lesser-known songs a good amount too.

You go talk to your sources, talk to my sources, talk to me? We are never ever ever hearing the new U2 record.

Most of us grew up knowing it as The White Album, but my point still stands.

...but it's title is The Beatles.

Pearl Jam fans refer to the album two years ago as Avocado, because, well, the album has an avocado on the cover. But the title is still Pearl Jam.

So my point is... who gives a shit what the title is. The songs make the album. Any title can be cool if the album is good.

What do you reckon the chances are of u2 playing their new single on the vma awards on the 25th august?

Or maybe even better the mtv emas on the 10th november im amaterdam?

"I've heard the new album and it certainly is a development. U2 turns corners very quickly and what hits you is how fresh it sounds. With Edge involved, there is still plenty of guitar," Gavin told the Herald.

are we supposed to doubt that there'd be guitar involved?

This whole "confirmed rumor" stuff is getting old and unfunny, and I wasn't even on this board when it originated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom