More new U2 album discussion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the previous 12 full-length albums are commonly linked together as four distinct trilogies, it seems that the lucky 13 will launch a new period and new trilogy.

So if the whole 'Manhattan' idea is a hoax, what about the previously rumored titles, such as '10 Reasons To Exist'?

We'll know soon enough, I suppose. Fall? Christmas?

Well, a new producer would also seem to indicate a fresh direction.

Lucky 13 ? We''ll see...

OMG Guisssss, Peter Rowan was the kid on the BOY cover. And now he's totally shooting the album cover for MANhattan. It totally fits with the themez!!!111!!oenoeneone!! :panic:

u2boyz_zps4c365426.jpg

In any event, I am looking forward to the new album. Anyone else actually as excited about hearing the new songs

I am very excited to hear the new material. It's been a very long time since I've heard new U2 music in real time.

Back in the 80's and early 90's my friends and I couldn't wait to hear the new releases. We'd have listening parties for the radio premiere of their lastest single/record or for the world premiere of their new video.

So, to be able to experience the event with so many U2 fans from all around the world is awesome!

U2DMFan posted in the previous thread that album announcements reports of All That You Can't Leave Behind and Atomic Bomb being wrapped up came on June 30 of 2000 and 2004 -- so we're probably not too far away from something, unless they're planning on going super stealth...but it's U2 so come on now.

The first clip of Beautiful Day was released on U2.com on 31st July 2000. I remember it well, it was my 17th birthday :D

So if we're looking at a similar timetable - which seems likely on the basis of the above - there is a slim chance we may even get a listen to at least a clip of the new single sometime in the next month.

Fingers crossed, but breath not held.

The first clip of Beautiful Day was released on U2.com on 31st July 2000. I remember it well, it was my 17th birthday :D

So if we're looking at a similar timetable - which seems likely on the basis of the above - there is a slim chance we may even get a listen to at least a clip of the new single sometime in the next month.

Fingers crossed, but breath not held.

First clip? As in a sample?

The worldwide radio broadcast premier was August 31st. The day of my daughter's birth. Also, 2 1/2 months before her expected date. A crazy day that worked out brilliantly for me in mysterious ways.

First clip? As in a sample?

The worldwide radio broadcast premier was August 31st. The day of my daughter's birth. Also, 2 1/2 months before her expected date. A crazy day that worked out brilliantly for me in mysterious ways.

That's great to hear - the song must mean a lot to you.

Yes, 31st July was when the first 30 sec clip was released on U2.com

If I remember correctly, this clip began at the "What you don't have you don't need it now" part. I remember thinking the clip sounded like Ultraviolet. Seems rediculous now!

I don't think anyone should expect something similar to BD's leak to happen.It was a different time (days of Napster). The song clip was on the front page of Interference and U2 dot crap had 30 sec clips of all the songs - eventually. It's a much different situation these days. Especially with them wanting to keep things secret for as long as possible.

While anything is possible, if we're looking for a timeline, we are probably more on a similar track to Vertigo as opposed to BD. I would guess.

Okay, right. I remember those clips now.

One of these days I still need to buy a BD promo cd and frame it for one of her future b-days. It's really crazy how much of my family life is connected to U2.

we won't hear any music until Sept-ish- and then they need to giveaway a song for free and then follow it a few weeks later with a proper lead single- the days of them having top 40 are probably behind them now but with the right songs they could create some impact

in many ways "doing a Bowie" would be a good approach but I don't see U2 doing that

Daniel Lanois in Rolling Stone:

Meanwhile, Lanois tells Rolling Stone that some collaborations are best left in the past.

"Lucky for me, for my health, I'm not doing the new U2 record," he said with a laugh. "They're hard to do. I don't know how to say it. They expect a lot and want a lot and should get a lot. Sometimes it means you gotta sit in the chair for two years, as I've done. I'm glad Danger Mouse is doing it and not me. I'll have a whisky with Danger Mouse in about a year's time and we can tell some old war stories."

Rolling Stone Mobile - News - Music: Checking In With Daniel Lanois

I heard on 100.3 The Q (Victoria radio station) that U2's album is out mid-September and one of the tracks features Chris Martin. I know this was a long standing rumor but was something announced recently? They announced it pretty confidently...

I heard on 100.3 The Q (Victoria radio station) that U2's album is out mid-September and one of the tracks features Chris Martin. I know this was a long standing rumor but was something announced recently? They announced it pretty confidently...

Interesting. They're probably just going on the internet rumors because most people who are not hardcore U2 fans would not have heard about any of this, so it would sound like news to them.

I would be very pissed if that turned out to be true. I'm guessing their just going off of pure rumors that carry no substance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom