More New Music Rumors and Such...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, and that's a big maybe, of the new songs only Glastonbury could be a single. (unless the studio version of Every breaking wave has something spectacular up its sleeve)

You wan't to kill me and I want to die - sounds like something emo bands would write. Pass, just like the binary code one.

I'm not sure how many third graders would come up with the opening lyrics to a song that talk about the consecration of wine into Jesus' blood as the Catholics do every Sunday in church.

edit: the image you posted as well could easily been seen as offensive to Catholics - but I'll just assume your lack of knowledge on the subject is what prompted you post it.

:scratch:

Why would a picture of a vampire be offensive to Catholics? The whole wine into blood thing? That's stretching it a bit, don't you think? Or should we also be offended at Harry Potter because they use witchcraft?

:scratch:

Why would a picture of a vampire be offensive to Catholics? The whole wine into blood thing? That's stretching it a bit, don't you think? Or should we also be offended at Harry Potter because they use witchcraft?

I've already explained the rationale in a previous post, so there's no point in carrying it on/derailing this thread - so I won't even acknowledge or get into Jive Turkey's response either.

Not only a mere single. It's just another song that is banal. Join "Glastonbury" (as much as I kind of like it) and we see that U2 still didn't get, still can't accept the idea that their strategy of releasing to the public U2-by-the-numbers-ready-to-become-the-average-radio-hit songs doesn't work anymore. Didn't they learn something with NLOTH's reception? It wasn't only because of the first single choice... People don't want U2-by-the-numbers anymore, they just don't pay attention to it anymore...

Are you senseless, what do you expect U2 to play in their concerts, a setlist of ballads just to please you. Get it into your head, there will be songs that U2 record that will rock, and then there will also be ballads. Be realistic. The changes they have made have improved the song for the live setting.

I've already explained the rationale in a previous post, so there's no point in carrying it on/derailing this thread - so I won't even acknowledge or get into Jive Turkey's response either.

Dont be so hyper sensitive. I didnt think the picture was funny either though, so we can agree on that

Are you senseless, what do you expect U2 to play in their concerts, a setlist of ballads just to please you. Get it into your head, there will be songs that U2 record that will rock, and then there will also be ballads. Be realistic. The changes they have made have improved the song for the live setting.

He's talking about style, not category.

I think the new chorus is absolutely horrendous, personally. Of all the rhymes they could have chosen...

"Love hears when I lie/Love puts the blue back in my eye"
"Africa's poverty makes me want to cry/Love puts the blue back in my eye"
"McGuinness ate the whole damn pie/Love puts the blue back in my eye"
"You wanna kill me, I wanna die/Love puts the blue back in my eye"
"Your Spanish eyes make me want to sigh/Love puts the blue back in my eye"
"I stole a marble rye/Love puts the blue back in my eye"

What makes the live couplet any more coherent, or any less inane?

Maybe, and that's a big maybe, of the new songs only Glastonbury could be a single. (unless the studio version of Every breaking wave has something spectacular up its sleeve)

You wan't to kill me and I want to die - sounds like something emo bands would write. Pass, just like the binary code one.

YES. Agreed. I can deal with every change in the song just fine, no problem, except for "you wanna kill me and i wanna die"

it just doesn't fit the tone of the song. And for a song so designed to get a crowd to sing along, you'll be hard pressed to get 100,000 fans to belt that lyric out in the middle of an otherwise jubilant track.

"love hears when i lie" may not be perfect, but at least it doesn't evoke murder (and no i don't think he means it literally either, i just think it doesn't fit)

YES. Agreed. I can deal with every change in the song just fine, no problem, except for "you wanna kill me and i wanna die"

it just doesn't fit the tone of the song. And for a song so designed to get a crowd to sing along, you'll be hard pressed to get 100,000 fans to belt that lyric out in the middle of an otherwise jubilant track.

oh i dunno... i've been in a crowd with 20,000 radiohead fans, arms in the air happily belting out "i'm a creep, i'm a weirdo" in unison :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom