More New Album talk from the Space Moon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Dew Ma

War Child
Discuss.

Will we hear Ordinary Love tomorrow? Odds are +250. Wager accordingly.

Did Edge leave to capture a piece of the moon as he did in 2008? even odds.

Will Ordinary Love sound like an ordinary '2 song, leading half of interference to freak out that the new album sucks and that Dangermouse can't "fix" U2? -5000 odds there.

Arcade+Fire++David+Bowie++03.jpg

Consider it done!

There's a chance these could be the only two new U2 songs we're gonna get until NEXT Fall...so we better make the most of this banquet that has been bestowed upon us!

Definitely.
The band plan on having this album finished by the end of November. We will hear the first single no later than February.

Yep! And it will be awesome if we get 2 new songs now though I'm skeptical about it since breath is so close to breathe I bet that's just a typo unless it was specifically stated that it's a completely different song?

Gotta be a different mix of Breathe, and the fact there is another version with Mandela-related lyrics around cements it for me.
No way they'd release a completely different song with such a similar title so soon.
That's the equivalent of having a song on POP called "Lemonade".

I don't think "Breath" is a new song, I'm pretty sure it's the alternative version of "Breathe", that's been written about Mandela. However, it's a bit lame to call it "Breath" (IF true) and make it sound as if it's a whole new song :lol:

I don't think "Breath" is a new song, I'm pretty sure it's the alternative version of "Breathe", that's been written about Mandela. However, it's a bit lame to call it "Breath" (IF true) and make it sound as if it's a whole new song :lol:

Sounds like it's an alternate version for sure.

However if it were a new song, Breath sounds like the title for an instrumental piece, how I'd love to hear a new instrumental piece from U2, something like Endless deep or Near The Island.

Why the fuck would they call a song 'Breath' when they had a song called 'Breathe' on their last album. That song itself was originally written for Mandela, and 'Breath' is the b-side to another song for a Mandela movie. I am more certain that the song is 'Breathe' with the Mandela lyrics than I am of ANYTHING else relating to possible new U2 music at some stage in the next 24 months.

The sleeve artwork features a striking painting of Nelson Mandela by Irish artist and illustrator Oliver Jeffers. Oliver has also directed a lyric video for Ordinary Love which we'll carry on U2.com during November.

during November, eh?

They forget to say they will play during november, after everyone else played it already.

So I wonder why it was reported that it would be played today. Again, so much false information flying around.

this news is meaningless in the internet age. when U2 make these announcements (and if they want them to have impact) they need to have the song ready.. it shouldn't be that the video will be available "during November," it should be "Hey! New song! Click here to see the fecking video."

for better or worse, it's an instant gratification world. you have .5 seconds to capture someone's attention, and then you need to hold it. you're not going to hold it for anyone other than us diehards, unless you release more than the damned artwork.

/endrant

this news is meaningless in the internet age. when U2 make these announcements (and if they want them to have impact) they need to have the song ready.. it shouldn't be that the video will be available "during November," it should be "Hey! New song! Click here to see the fecking video."

for better or worse, it's an instant gratification world. you have .5 seconds to capture someone's attention, and then you need to hold it. you're not going to hold it for anyone other than us diehards, unless you release more than the damned artwork.

/endrant

Agreed completely. It's very frustrating being a fan of this band when so many other bands are doing it right. #outoftouchwithfans :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom