More New Album talk from the Space Moon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think their intention was to create buzz for I Believe in Father Christmas..

Did Night and Day dilute the surprise factor for Achtung Baby?

Did Hold Me, Kiss Me... dilute the surprise factor for POP?

Did The Ground Beneath Her Feet dilute the surprise factor for ATCYLB?

Did The Hands that Built America dilute the surprise factor for HTDAAB?

Did Window in the Skies dilute the surprise factor for NLOTH?

Buzzkiller? Really? That's some funny shit. For all you know, the next album could sound nothing like Ordinary Love. Come on, you're a U2 fan. You gotta keep shit on an even keel. :wink:
In defense of lemonfly, nearly all of those songs came out well over a year before the album you're talking about. This would be a bit of a different scenario.

No hype around new U2 album anywhere. It's a first!

Because there's not a lead single yet. Ordinary love isn't about promoting the Danger Mouse album.

It's a bit like them having GBHF released about 6 months ahead of ATYCLB.

I really loved U2's version of that song. Still listen to it every year around Christmas. As far as I know it was a itunes only release for (Red).

Nope. A CD release too. Starbucks only release. You bought a coffee and received the CD.

I really loved U2's version of that song. Still listen to it every year around Christmas. As far as I know it was a itunes only release for (Red).

It was released online through (RED)'s own buggy webapp, then later appeared on a Starbuck's compilation CD. You can find pretty cheap used copies of the CD.

Amazon has it for 1¢.
Amazon.com: All You Need Is Love: Music

Nope. A CD release too. Starbucks only release. You bought a coffee and received the CD.

I had so many copies of that CD. Every morning I got my coffee there before work I got another CD! Even if I told them I already had it they'd say that's ok give it to a friend!

In defense of lemonfly, nearly all of those songs came out well over a year before the album you're talking about. This would be a bit of a different scenario.

For each and every album listed, we didn't know when that album would come out, therefore the songs released before the albums finally debuted could have like totally killed our buzz.

In case anyone's keeping track, my buzz is not yet killed. It has a slight charley horse and what appears to be some mild and unrelated intestinal upset, but I'm hoping it'll pull through. :up:

In case anyone's keeping track, my buzz is not yet killed. It has a slight charley horse and what appears to be some mild and unrelated intestinal upset, but I'm hoping it'll pull through. :up:

your buzz wont be able to handle ORDINARY LOVE.

your buzz is gonna cry Larry Mullen tears.

It was released online through (RED)'s own buggy webapp, then later appeared on a Starbuck's compilation CD. You can find pretty cheap used copies of the CD.

Amazon has it for 1¢.
Amazon.com: All You Need Is Love: Music

I had so many copies of that CD. Every morning I got my coffee there before work I got another CD! Even if I told them I already had it they'd say that's ok give it to a friend!

Oh ok, thanks, I didn't know about the Starbucks thing. All I remember is the (RED) Christmas version that was for download.

Did Night and Day dilute the surprise factor for Achtung Baby?

Did Hold Me, Kiss Me... dilute the surprise factor for POP?

Did The Ground Beneath Her Feet dilute the surprise factor for ATCYLB?

Did The Hands that Built America dilute the surprise factor for HTDAAB?

Did Window in the Skies dilute the surprise factor for NLOTH?

Buzzkiller? Really? That's some funny shit. For all you know, the next album could sound nothing like Ordinary Love. Come on, you're a U2 fan. You gotta keep shit on an even keel. :wink:

"Buzz killer" in that we have a new album (hopefully) less than six months away. The silence from the band, the DM connection, the longest gap between U2 albums ever...the anticipation amongst U2 fans (and the wider music world in general) for the first song of this new era has been at fever pitch for a while now. But good to know that you're still buzzing. I don't wanna kill nobody's buzz. Buzz away :D

Look, for the last fucking time....I'm not saying that I'm some highly trained operative under the employ of a shadowy, technically non-existent arm of the government whose sole purpose is to......make certain American problems disappear.....I'm simply not saying that and I wish interference would stop insisting that I am, especially in this thread.

What I AM saying is that if I were such a person, I'd probably have the code name SCUBA.

Can me move on now, please?

I'm excited for the new record. I'm excited for "Ordinary Love."

To know that bothers people is rather strange.

Look, for the last fucking time....I'm not saying that I'm some highly trained operative under the employ of a shadowy, technically non-existent arm of the government whose sole purpose is to......make certain American problems disappear.....I'm simply not saying that and I wish interference would stop insisting that I am, especially in this thread.

What I AM saying is that if I were such a person, I'd probably have the code name SCUBA.

Can me move on now, please?

Just Space Moon it, bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom