More New Album talk from the Space Moon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One song in 4.5 years, and they can't even do that right :lol:

Exactly, now I will say that it's not their fault that some fan site misinformed or made up a story that the song would be streaming on U2.com and YT today. Also, I know they don't directly run their website, and many of the issues I have with the promotion on this new song fall on the website. But still frustrating.

this news is meaningless in the internet age. when U2 make these announcements (and if they want them to have impact) they need to have the song ready.. it shouldn't be that the video will be available "during November," it should be "Hey! New song! Click here to see the fecking video."

for better or worse, it's an instant gratification world. you have .5 seconds to capture someone's attention, and then you need to hold it. you're not going to hold it for anyone other than us diehards, unless you release more than the damned artwork.

/endrant

:up:

To be fair, it wasn't U2 or U2.com who claimed the song would be released on 30 October. As far as I can see, it was ONE newspaper article and it was picked up by fans and media. I think with all the (ridiculous) attention U2.com got with the 30 seconds snippet of the song as part of a movie trailer, it's pretty safe to assume they would have created some hype if there had been really a song premiere. At least they were quite quick to announce the vinyl release with the correct date.

To be fair, it wasn't U2 or U2.com who claimed the song would be released on 30 October. As far as I can see, it was ONE newspaper article and it was picked up by fans and media. I think with all the (ridiculous) attention U2.com got with the 30 seconds snippet of the song as part of a movie trailer, it's pretty safe to assume they would have created some hype if there had been really a song premiere. At least they were quite quick to announce the vinyl release with the correct date.

Still.... u2.com represents u2 the band. And u2.com is a joke. Better not to announce anything if the special gift is 20 seconds of a new song with no release date and people talking on top.

Still.... u2.com represents u2 the band. And u2.com is a joke. Better not to announce anything if the special gift is 20 seconds of a new song with no release date and people talking on top.

20 seconds that were exclusive for just 20 minutes before the whole trailer was released on Yahoo :lol:

I agree about U2.com being crap, but they didn't say anything about Ordinary Love being played today, so it's not right for disappointed fans to blame THEM.

Still, it would have been nice if the rumours were true, even without an official announcement, it would have been a nice surprise. I wonder where the Irish Times got their information from.

I'm sure U2.com heard the rumor, though. It would have been nice if they had sent out a quick tweet saying "We don't know where that information came from. We're not playing the song on the 30th."

Yeah, we can't blame U2.com for some fans (like me) getting excited about unsourced speculation, but it would have been nice if they shot it down right away. If someone started a rumor about me, I'd put it to bed as quickly as I could.

I'm sure U2.com heard the rumor, though. It would have been nice if they had sent out a quick tweet saying "We don't know where that information came from. We're not playing the song on the 30th."

Yeah, we can't blame U2.com for some fans (like me) getting excited about unsourced speculation, but it would have been nice if they shot it down right away. If someone started a rumor about me, I'd put it to bed as quickly as I could.

I think that's a great idea. I work for a financial company and we've done things like that before. Many times, our promotions are misrepresented on major blogs, and we'll actually contact the blog to correct their story. Sometimes, we'll even put a message on our website regarding the false information.

Yeah, but U2.com cannot send out e-mails to everyone whenever some rumour is making its rounds. That would be crazy.

On the other hand, don't expect them to function like a rational company :lol:

They seem to be sleeping under some stone most of the time, with blinders on and plugs in their ears.

Re: the b-side to "Ordinary Love," here's what indie seller Bull Moose (who I believe broke the news about the 10-inch release) has to say:

Anyway, the info U2's people gave us is that it is new music and Breath, not Breathe.

Its time for the Black Friday 2013 RSD thread.......... | Page 6 | Steve Hoffman Music Forums

Asked the dude on this site about it and he actually corrected himself this morning and said it was indeed an alternate version of "Breathe," which matches what U2.com put up this morning.

Also, did anyone notice Oliver Jeffers said he was "showing his project in a few days"? We can't be too far away if that's the case.

Yeah, but U2.com cannot send out e-mails to everyone whenever some rumour is making its rounds. That would be crazy.

On the other hand, don't expect them to function like a rational company :lol:

They seem to be sleeping under some stone most of the time, with blinders on and plugs in their ears.

They don't need to send emails, just update their site with a quick message. Takes about 10 minutes to do, literally.

Ha ha, it was actually posted on October 10th.

Maybe he was originally told it would come out sooner?

If Breath is indeed an alternate version of Breathe, how fucking stupid is it to name it Breath? Because unless the vocal has changed so Bono is pronouncing the title song like BREATH, then it just looks like a fucking typo.

I mean, I mean .... it's just so ...... gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

ku-medium_zps7a45779a.gif

Aarrggghhhhh! I am so angry :censored:

I can't believe that U2 won't confirm or deny an internet rumour that 10 people fell for!

Can you believe that :censored:?

I mean can you imagine if the President of the US didn't come out and correct the rumours about him? We'd probably have an entire group of citizens that believed he's a non-US born Muslim right now creating a spin off faction of a political party. U2 should take a page out of his book and clearly address every rumour on the internet about them, otherwise they might endanger their longevity.

Eh, who cares?

I just want to hear the lead single from the new album. Not some song they felt comfortable enough to release before all of that - as to not spoil anything about the new album.

If Breath is indeed an alternate version of Breathe, how fucking stupid is it to name it Breath? Because unless the vocal has changed so Bono is pronouncing the title song like BREATH, then it just looks like a fucking typo.

I mean, I mean .... it's just so ...... gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

ku-medium_zps7a45779a.gif

don't worry, they named it Breathe.. it was allll a typo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom