more clues that the album is finished from Bono and Sam o Sullivan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
U2tour.de, from their friends at U2achtung.com:

Bono has said : "I have just one thing to say: it's a boy AND a girl."

Sam O' Sullivan, one of their technicians, confirmed the album is finished and that the band are in vacation.

U2girl said:
U2tour.de, from their friends at U2achtung.com:

Bono has said : "I have just one thing to say: it's a boy AND a girl."

Sam O' Sullivan, one of their technicians, confirmed the album is finished and that the band are in vacation.

Hooray! - we're not going to get an elephant!!

well we have ABOY confirmed is AGIRL an acronym for another tune :shrug:

I wonder what that means...a boy and a girl...oh, I know:
"All that I was talking in the last 4 years about a big rock album with strong guitars is bullshit! You're gonna get another ATYCLB! Hahahahaha!!! You're gonna listen to pop U2 and cliched singles like Beautiful Day and Elevation!"
Yeah, I feel pessimistic today.

If ABOY is about Bono's dad, then maybe AGIRL is about Gavin:
A Guy I Really Like :wink: (Sorry, the humidity is frying my brain.)

They should call the album Dr. Love and the Whole Catastrophe
If it's a double disc

Disc 1 - Dr. Love

Disc 2- The Whole Catastrophe

whoever can identify where that title comes from, you will earn my eternal respect.

patrickU217 said:
Would be great if "a boy and a girl" meant a double album.
But i guess thats just in my dreams, haha.

I like the way you think!

Personally, I wanted an elephant ... just stomps in and thumps you with its grandeur.

martha said:

No, it appears to be a "Sammy Official Statement."

:lmao:

:|

124.gif

;) Or, as fans like to call it, Hermy

in all seriousness, IMO the "a boy and a girl" description from Bono could mean that on one hand we will get fast/guitar songs (the boy part) but also the couple of mentioned ballads and more melodic mid-tempo songs (the girl part).
"Punk rock on Venus" could have meant something along those lines, too.

Last edited:
Well,to me the best scenario for the new album would be: mixture between lyricism of Achtung Baby and music of Joshua Tree,but let's wait...Oh,u2girl,i think that the album will hit stores in October-they've waited enough..
I also heard a fan(i think from USA) had a chance to hear all the new songs(12)--is that true or is it a rumour?I don't know

Well, the same thing happened with ATYCLB--i got some cracky beta version or something-most of the songs there wasn't even Bono singin'!And where i think he did- on the album there was no such music.
But if that fella heard the songs, he must be very close with the band or the management,don't you think?

Well,Numb1075,it's like that with me: when i first listen to an album(any album,even u2),i say it's crap, but when i get a chance to listen to it over and over again,seeking for hidden things in music,pronunciation,the lyrics- then the real crap stays crap, but the good stuff undresses the crappy clothes and shines at its fullest!well, at least that's what i felt with ATYCLB.
byebye

Tilen, If the story is true, and who knows if it is, i believe it's just a lucky fan who happened to be at HQ, and bono happened to be in a good mood, and happened to have his new car, and wanted to get the fans opinion on the new album. Anything is possible.

Kind of like the chances of being struck by lightening, but in a good way.:lol: :lol:

U2girl said:
in all seriousness, IMO the "a boy and a girl" description from Bono could mean that on one hand we will get fast/guitar songs (the boy part) but also the couple of mentioned ballads and more melodic mid-tempo songs (the girl part).
that's what I would put my money on

Arun V said:
They should call the album Dr. Love and the Whole Catastrophe
If it's a double disc

Disc 1 - Dr. Love

Disc 2- The Whole Catastrophe

whoever can identify where that title comes from, you will earn my eternal respect.

Rushdie!

biff said:

Ahh biff....you've earned my eternal respect. ( I'm sure it provides you with no satisfaction to hear that)

Yes for those that don't know in thebook " the ground beneath her feet" there's a reference toa double album called "Dr. Love and the Whole Catastrophe"

Dr. Love is the first disc and is very atyclb like

The Whole catastraophe is disc 2...and is an all out rocker.

Back
Top Bottom