Moonlight Sonata is the best song in the history of man...and woman too. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2001, 09:58 PM   #21
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:42 PM
Quote:
I personally prefer Pachelbel's Canon
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

*Diemen runs for his life*

The only time I tolerate that piece is if I just can't fall asleep, because that's a guaranteed fall asleep song .

I wouldn't call it the worst piece in classical music, but let's just say it's nowhere on my top 100 list of favorite classical pieces.

The fact that I've had to suffer through performances of it by mediocre-at-best high school orchestras probably doesn't help it's value to me, either...

Old 09-05-2001, 11:57 AM   #22
Acrobat

for me, the best composer ever is Mozart; just listen "Requiem in D Minor", its the best piece of music in the history of music!

Old 09-05-2001, 01:41 PM   #23
Bad Daddy Johnny

I find that D minor is the saddest of all keys. It just makes people weap instantly.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:55 PM   #24
Refugee

Local Time: 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen:
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

*Diemen runs for his life*

The only time I tolerate that piece is if I just can't fall asleep, because that's a guaranteed fall asleep song .

I wouldn't call it the worst piece in classical music, but let's just say it's nowhere on my top 100 list of favorite classical pieces.

The fact that I've had to suffer through performances of it by mediocre-at-best high school orchestras probably doesn't help it's value to me, either...
Diemen, I don't think it's a terrible piece, it's just not an amazing one either--and it has become a huge cliche. You can't walk into a gift shop without hearing it playing with wave noises in the background. What do you think of the Four Seasons by Vivaldi, for instance? I really like them but they too have become cliches.

Oh, and I was once in one of those mediocre-at-best high school strings/orchestra groups, scraping away on my violin. Actually, my teachers always thought I was good enough that they hassled me to take private lessons. But private piano lessons were plenty for me. I really never play the violin any more so sometimes I wish now I'd done more about it