moods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smurf_sista

Acrobat
Do you guys find that depending on your mood/ what mood you want to achieve...U2 music sounds different??

For me when i want to be happy...for no apparent reason i always put on ATYCLB.

When im angry i put on War or Boy..it kinda de-stresses me.

When im sleepy i put on Joshua Tree... not that it's boring but it's just hmmmmm

Do you guys get weird things like this too?? or am i alone on this one.

BTW when im in a weird mood i play POP!

For some reason, Ive been listening to rare/unreleased stuff alot recently. (Native Son, Levitate, Achtung Baby Outtakes, Golden Unplugged Album, etc)

TUF, Joshua and R&H, my favourite phase, when I want to remember again how great this band is. Beautiful music, lots of poetry and atmosphere, many great songs.

AB, Zooropa and Pop when I want to get away from something and I want to take a journey.

The other albuns don't have any special moment to be heard

For me it sometimes revolves around seasons.

The start of summer when it’s just beginning to warm up is Rattle & Hum / Joshua Tree time for me.
End of summer when the cool air is working it’s way in is Pop.
Winter is Achtung, Baby…baby.

If I have to go in to Manhattan at night on the N train, with that amazing view of the city just before you go underground – Zooropa all the way. Usually come up into Times Square around Lemon. Cool experience.
Weekend days, gorgeous sky, nice breeze – ATYCLB (mostly selected tracks)

HTDAAB seems to work itself in any time it wants, which is cool.

The other albums I listen to when I listen to, but I can’t think of anything that really triggers them.
Oh, the other day I was in the shittiest of moods, listened to War about eight times, something about Larry’s drumming and Edge’s Clash-like guitar that takes it all away…ahhhh….

MacPhistoPT said:

AB, Zooropa and Pop when I want to get away from something and I want to take a journey.

:yes: Pop especially, I can get so lost in that album, if I'm fucked up or whatever it takes me to another place. I love that album.

HTDAAB works well with a good mood as most of the album seems rather upbeat - I'd say it's U2's least dark album, even though it deals with some heavy subject matter (like Sometimes). UF is sorta melancholy for me. It all depends really...I tend to go through phases where I'm really into one album for whatever reason and regardless of mood I'll put it on, though it's funny how sometimes the songs can change meaning or tone depending on my mood. Right now I'm in an Achtung phase, anything from AB plus a little Zooropa on the side...

ATYCLB - After a bad day/mood
Achtung Baby - After a good day (Don't know why, maybe I have to even myself out or something :huh: )
Joshua Tree - Car Trips
UF - Sleepy time
Zooropa - When I'm moving (ie walking, attempting to dance)

The rest just pop up every now and then. (That doesn't necessarily mean I play them less than the other albums)

POP - Punp up album, early evenings.

Joshua Tree - Hot afternoons, no clouds in the sky.

The Unforgettable Fire - Rainy mornings.

ATYCLB - Sunny mornings.

War - Never.

Boy - On occasions for some spice.

Zooropa - late night.

Hut Dab - rarely.

October - rarely.

Rattle and Hum - see JT, but not as effective.

Achtung - WHENEVER.

Basically I reckon JT, UF, Pop and ATYCLB are the best mood pieces.

Here is what i am doing when listening to U2 albums

Boy/October/War-Video games, mainly racing,RPG or football these fit perect

TUF/TJT-Relaxing

R&H-When I'm bored

AB-Any time any feeling

Zooropa/Pop-Video games-Jet Ski ones

ATYCLB-When i feel like shit

HTDAAB- Anytime any feeling

Back
Top Bottom