Moneymaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2er

Refugee
U2 made 69.9 mil with the Elevation tour this year, or so the radio lady said. Dave Matthews was 4th, she didn't say what the 2nd and 3rd were. I like how radio stations always sound so happy when they mention U2 ;)

Hey- good thing I went to so many show or they would have only made 69.897999 million!

ha!

Ahhh.... to be rich! At least we know the money is going to good hearted people!

U2er,
Take those numbers with a grain of salt. They are from Rolling Stone and not based neccessarily on objective factual info. Thats what Rolling Stone said itself. How much money made it into U2s pockets on Elevation is not known. It is known that the band Grossed from just ticket sales, $143,000,000. The question is how much was cost for the 8 month 113 show tour. Clearly it was a lot less than the $214,000 dollar a day POPMART tour. Elevation tour may have cost as little as $70,000 dollars a day leading to an overall cost of only 17 million! That leaves U2 with a net of 126 million from just ticket sales alone! U2 also recieves royalties on average of $4 from the sale of each album. ATYCLB has sold 11 million copies and add another 4 million for catalog sales and you have $60 million in revenue from just album sales over the past 18 months!

Somebody was telling me a couple of months ago that Creed had made more money touring than any band in the last two years.:huh:

Yep, and George Bush will be singing at OZZ Fest this year. Seriously, Creed plays Single nights in Arena's and only to seats in front of the stage. 14,000 people a night at only 40 dollars a pop. On average they gross about 1/3 of what U2 does per show and are usually only able to play one show even in big cities. Several shows recently have not sold out. Outside of the USA, few people know who Creed is.

Back
Top Bottom