Moments when you realise...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lynz778

The Fly
What are some of the moments you realise there is really no hope left for you and your obsession? Yesterday I was drinking really hot coffee and i realised i was subconsiously singing the buuuuurning buuuuuuurning but in Desire.

LOL, uh, ya got a few moments, 'cause this could take a while :p...

Seriously, let's see, one that would spring to mind would be the fact that my family could be discussing something totally unrelated to U2, or music in general, and I could STILL find a way to tie it to the band. It's really scary how much stuff I can connect them with (hey, it's not MY fault that they've been all over the world and involved in/met practically everything/everyone under the sun!).

Angela

intedomine said:
When I see a Lemon or someone says it.....

.......wait for my falsetto.......

LEMON!

LOL-I remember there was one time when my mom, sister, and I had gone shopping at the grocery store, and my sister had gotten some Eclipse lemon gum, and she and I were both standing there in the checkout aisle doing the "Lemon" falsetto :D.

Originally posted by Lynz778
hehe i do that as well! It drives people insane.

:). My dad remarked on that one time-he said, "You know, Ang, I bet I could talk about how cold it was outside, and you'd find a way to connect THAT to U2", LOL.

And he's right. I could :|.

Angela

I hear their music in my head, all day long. It's rather strange, but of course I like little U2 snippets bouncing around in my head!

pookybear said:
I picked up the copy of Darwin I had to read for class and started singing Original of the Species.

:laugh: That is hilarious!!! yeah I am so bad with that! It is so true that you can connect U2 with anything and everything!! I do it and my friends get so annoyed. They could be talking about anything and it will remind me of a U2 song and you bet I will sing it outloud...I also happen to wake up everyday with a U2 song in my head its usually Heartland(see the sun rise over her skin) I can't help it..What can I say its a great obsession!!!

I find everyone who happens to be a U2 fan sings Lemon whenever it's mentioned:wink:

I have too many stories like this to count, but one of the strangest happened a couple of years ago in an introductory Biology course.

The instructor was taking us through the whole DNA deal and talking about the history, structure, components, "ingredients," etc. Well, when the guy mentioned that the physical structure of DNA in a three-dimensional space resembles a "spiral staircase," I instinctively mumbled something like, "Yeah, just like in 'Promenade.'" When the confused and quizzical looks came at me, I decided to make things that much more uncomfortable by explaining, "You know...that U2 song...? The one from 1984....? Track five on The Unforgettable Fire...?"

Obviously there wasn't a damned soul who'd ever heard "Promenade" before and probably just as many who know what the hell The Unforgettable Fire was, and my insistence on explaining myself by repeating, "In a spiral staircase to a higher ground," over and over again did little to help my credibility. Yeah...that was one of those moments when I had to ask myself, "Are you sure that this is healthy, man?"

I am also tied in pretty tightly to a number of musical circles, and I've caused at least one too many uncomfortable situations by blurting out a live "Bullet the Blue Sky"-style "saxaphooooooone" upon discovering that somebody plays the blasted instrument. Plenty of, "Okay, then. This guy's a fucking freak," encounters, there...

Sigh...

Once, a friend of mine was picking random words from the dictionary to see if I could connect them to U2...I could :wink:

pookybear said:
I picked up the copy of Darwin I had to read for class and started singing Original of the Species.

When I was in drama my teacher was having a big lecture lesson about the history of theatre and she ended up talking about Darwin and Origin of the Species. I kind of did this huge dramatic intake of breath that made her think i had some huge break through and she was asking what what? Then I disapointed her by saying oh, nothing, thats a great U2 song. Meanwhile everyone in my class looks at me like...oh dear...
Heh im known around the school for my u2 obsession. This girl I hardly know came up to me and asked if she could borrow Rattle and Hum for an english assignment because she knew that id have it:eyebrow:

Haha, there's some great stories here :D.

If you shout... said:
I have too many stories like this to count, but one of the strangest happened a couple of years ago in an introductory Biology course.

The instructor was taking us through the whole DNA deal and talking about the history, structure, components, "ingredients," etc. Well, when the guy mentioned that the physical structure of DNA in a three-dimensional space resembles a "spiral staircase," I instinctively mumbled something like, "Yeah, just like in 'Promenade.'" When the confused and quizzical looks came at me, I decided to make things that much more uncomfortable by explaining, "You know...that U2 song...? The one from 1984....? Track five on The Unforgettable Fire...?"

Obviously there wasn't a damned soul who'd ever heard "Promenade" before and probably just as many who know what the hell The Unforgettable Fire was, and my insistence on explaining myself by repeating, "In a spiral staircase to a higher ground," over and over again did little to help my credibility. Yeah...that was one of those moments when I had to ask myself, "Are you sure that this is healthy, man?"

I am also tied in pretty tightly to a number of musical circles, and I've caused at least one too many uncomfortable situations by blurting out a live "Bullet the Blue Sky"-style "saxaphooooooone" upon discovering that somebody plays the blasted instrument. Plenty of, "Okay, then. This guy's a fucking freak," encounters, there...

Sigh...

LOL, I love these-aw :hug:. At least here you won't have to deal with that kind of reaction :).

Originally posted by Lynz778
This girl I hardly know came up to me and asked if she could borrow Rattle and Hum for an english assignment because she knew that id have it

That's a good one, too. And I like the dictionary one, also :p.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom