Mofo vs Discotequeh (Worst) Beautiful Day Vs Stay (Best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Beautiful Day is a song you can never get bored of. Great song that cheers me up.

Mofo is a gawd awful piece of shit song Mofo gets the worst song. Discotequeh is better than that garbage.

Well this is my personal taste and choice, I have no problem with your choices. So let's continue with who likes and dislikes what.

Re: Re: Mofo vs Discotequeh (Worst) Beautiful Day Vs Stay (Best

Total U2 Nut said:

:tsk: You obviously don't get it.

Well the tell me why I don't get it.

Re: Re: Mofo vs Discotequeh (Worst) Beautiful Day Vs Stay (Best

Screwtape2 said:

Uhh...I think a lot of people would disagree with this. :eyebrow:

By that of course you mean the vocal minority?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mofo vs Discotequeh (Worst) Beautiful Day Vs Stay (Best

Screwtape2 said:

No, I mean a lot of the general public and a lot of U2 fans.
No.

On Topic:

1.) Stay
2.) Beautiful Day
3.) Mofo
4.) Discotheque

imotbqh

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mofo vs Discotequeh (Worst) Beautiful Day Vs Stay (Best

Screwtape2 said:

No, I mean a lot of the general public and a lot of U2 fans.

'A lot of the general public' :lmao:

As you're speaking on behalf of the general public, what's your opinion on Global Warning?

F**k me; I thought Bono had an ego problem.

Justin24 said:
Beautiful Day is a song you can never get bored of. Great song that cheers me up.

Mofo is a gawd awful piece of shit song Mofo gets the worst song. Discotequeh is better than that garbage.

Most casual fans will like Beautiful Day, although I think many hardcore fans have gotten tired of it.

Some might agree with you on Discotheque, but Mofo is one of the best U2 songs out there.

We're agreed on Stay.

Mofo is a gem,,,the deeply personal lyrics, that 747 guitar, that totally awesome drumming and the outro is moving... It's a dark song, dealing with intimate issues,, ( death of his mother,,,the line ' mother ...am i still your child, you know waited for someone to tell me so,,,mother,,,,you left and made me someone, now I'm still a child,,,,no one tells me no.......' that last couplet is reflecting Bono's adoring fans,,treating him like a child,,,,the public ( u2 fans )becoming his surrogate mother,,,,congratulating his every move...'

anyway that's my 2 cents...

Mofo > Discotheque
Mofo > Beautiful Day
Mofo < Stay

Beautiful Day < Stay
Beautiful Day > Discotheque

It goes:

1. Stay
2. Mofo
3. Beautiful Day
4. Discotheque

By the way Justin, I don't think this thread is retarted. I can certainly understand your dislike for Mofo and Discotheque. Infact, the entire Pop album only grew on me YESTERDAY, yes, YESTERDAY. Before yesterday I may have agreed with you on your opinion of the two songs (I'm still slightly indifferent towards Discotheque).

However, give the two songs time, also give the entire 'Pop' album time. If you have, then fair enough, but if not, remember this:

Yesterday I finally got into Pop after countless listens and owning the album for over 1.5 years!

Back
Top Bottom