Mixed messages from Virgin about the DVD... take a look at this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
from U2.com

Virgin Megastores UK, Elevation DVD Premiere

This Sunday, UK fans can catch a special late-night premiere of the Elevation 2001/ U2 Live in Boston DVD.

And during next week, a special 66minute edit of the DVD will be shown in more stores and at several English and Scottish universities.

First up it's this Sunday night, November 25th, when Virgin Megastores host a special advance airing of the DVD at 11pm. That's 11pm! And the first 50 fans to enter each store will receive a bag containing U2 tour merchandise including T-shirt, baseball cap and button badge.

Everyone else who turns up will get 30 x 20 metallic Elevation poster.

Participating Virgin Megastores are :

London: 14-16 Oxford St, London W1N 9FL Glasgow: 235 Buchanan St, Glasgow, G1 2NG Birmingham: 98 Corporation St, Birmingham, West Midlands, B4 6SX Newcastle: Monument Hall, 15-21 Northumberland St, Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, NE1 7AE

The concert will be shown from 11pm until midnight, after which fans will be able to buy either the DVD or VHS. At the Milton Keynes shop (8 Midsummer Place) the DVD preview will be held all day on Monday 26th November.)

There will also be screenings of the special 66 minute edit in the following UK Universities next week:
Liverpool University Guild of Students, Mount Pleasant, Monday 19th November - 8pm
Bristol University Student Union, Queens Rd, Clifton, Thursday November 22nd - 7pm
Nottingham Trent University Student Union, Shakespeare St, Thursday November 22nd - 5pm
Leeds Metropolitan University Student Union, Calverley St, Friday November 23rd - 6pm
Edinburgh University Student's Association, Bristo Sq, Friday November 23rd - 5pm
Manchester Metropolitan University Student Union, Oxford Rd, Sunday November 25th - 5:30pm

I thought they were boycotting the DVD? What gives?

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Your not scratching my back, so I won't be scratching your back...oh what's that, you now want to scratch my back now, well sure I'll scratch your back now...record stores are worse than children fighting over a new toy sometimes.

Chris

My guess is Virgin wanted to have the glory of doing the big unveiling, and got in a snit when Best Buy got the two week exclusivity thing. "All for freedom and liberty, so long as it's MY freedom and MY liberty..."

They were VERY unprofessional in the way they handled it, though. There's absolutely no WAY they should have put something up on their web site, let alone an "off the record" comment to some journalist to get their position out. It REALLY should have stayed between Virgin, Island, and the U2 management.

Screw Virgin.
(no pun intended)

------------------
Nate

"Ready for the shuffle
Ready for the deal
Ready to let go of the steering wheel
I'm ready
Ready for the crush"

-Zoo Station

Us English are more grown up than Americans
smile.gif

I think you will find the Best Buy exclusive was for the USA only, as their are no Best Buy shops in England (never heard of 'em!) so therefore Virgin UK had nothing to do with the statement on their site, which was incidently Virgin.com, the american site, as all their prices were in dollars.

I just wish I could find a Best Buy that actually has the DVD. The stores I've checked in L.A. were initially shipped like 16 copies each. Oh well, at least I got a raincheck.
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by what a bomb!:
I think you will find the Best Buy exclusive was for the USA only, as their are no Best Buy shops in England (never heard of 'em!) so therefore Virgin UK had nothing to do with the statement on their site, which was incidently Virgin.com, the american site, as all their prices were in dollars.

I think that most of us realize this, but they both have the same parent company, I think that's the part we don't get. It's not consistant. If Virgin is boycotting then all of virgin should boycott. Otherwise they look even less legitimate than they already do.

Back
Top Bottom