Mistakes in U2 Songs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Numb1075 said:
in the beginning of SYCMIOYO, Edge hits a "sour" note. It's pretty obvious when you are looking for it. It occurs before there is any singing.

it's not a sour note, it's just the sound of a guitar string being plucked too hard

I've heard none of the above, which gives you an idea how closely I've listened to them, or an idea of how closely some other people listen to them.

*goes off to check Acrobat*

:wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

actually, U2girl is right. it does change. :huh:

yeah I know it reverses itself; it doesn't mean it's a mistake.
please don't continue on this topic.

The intro of One Tree Hill, in the measure before the song goes into the verse riff, Edge comes in at the wrong time. He mentioned this in an interview a while back that he didn't have time to go back and fix it.

Pero said:
Begining of TUF, Larry kicks the sticks and the says i fucked it.

I thought he clicked them and said "Oh shit."

Miss Becky said:
Not a studio track, but Edge very clearly screws up in Party Girl, on Under a Blood Red Sky, prompting Bono to shout, "It's our hero!"

And I thought Bono said "Guitar Hero."

Do I have crap hearing or does anyone else hear it this/these way/s too?

In Bono on Bono, Bono says one of The Edge's guitar strings breaks in the solo of Love Is Blindness.

I can't hear it, but then I'm not really sure what the sound of a guitar string breaking sounds like.:huh:

miss becky said:
Not a studio track, but Edge very clearly screws up in Party Girl, on Under a Blood Red Sky, prompting Bono to shout, "It's our hero!"

I think he shouts 'Guitar Hero' quite a few times during Party Girl, at least on the War Tour. I've got one of the Boston shows (same setlist as Red Rocks) and the guitar solo goes fine, including shouting. If you'd like an MP3 of that performance [sans guitar error] I'd happily send you an MP3. That goes for anyone else, I'll post a topic in 'Music on the Internet' to avoid clogging up this thread with irrelevancies! :)

Last edited:
JOFO said:

there's nothing wrong with it; let it go; you don't know what you're talking about.

I went to battle with jick over this 3 years ago......still a sore spot with me.

Um, the bass line changes. I didn't say it was wrong.

blahblahblah said:

I think he shouts 'Guitar Hero' quite a few times during Party Girl, at least on the War Tour. I've got one of the Boston shows (same setlist as Red Rocks) and the guitar solo goes fine, including shouting. If you'd like an MP3 of that performance [sans guitar error] I'd happily send you an MP3. That goes for anyone else, I'll post a topic in 'Music on the Internet' to avoid clogging up this thread with irrelevancies! :)

Oops....guess I need to clean out my ears. :wink:

I would love to hear that MP3. My e-mail is beckyg19@yahoo.com. Thanks!!

yeah, what's anyone going to do? Are they worried there's a forum on other people's sites and we'll all perform some mass exodus or something??

yimou said:
During the solo in Acrobat you can hear this conversation.

Bono: I want some ice cream
Larry: Ok, let me get it for you
Bono: Thanks buddy
Larry: What flavor do you want?
Bono: The usual flavor
Larry: Strawberry?
Bono: No Larry, Chocolate
Larry: Silly me *giggles*
Adam; Where is the toilet?
Bono: You dont know where the toilet is?
Adam: Well excuse me for not knowing
Larry: Silly Adam *giggles*

And when the song is over you can hear this.

Adam: Come on guys !! where is the damn toilet
Larry: *giggles*

And in the middle of Miracles drug you can hear this.

Bono: I like Coldplay
Larry: Maybe, but i like them more than you do ****
Bono: No way Larry
Larry: Yes way
Adam: Stop it guys !!, you know that i like them more than both of you.
Larry: Thats not true Adam !! take it back
Bono: Yeah Adam
Adam: But its the truth
Edge: Cut it out, the song is almost over.
Bono: Sorry Edge
Larry: Ok Edge
Edge: Good
Adam: Ok, but i still like Coldplay better than any of you guys.
Bono, Larry, Edge: Ahhhhh Adam !!!!
Bono, Larry, Edge, Adam: *giggles*

Adam leans over to somebody and whispers: Coldplay signed my ticket stub.

**** - Actually he is saying I like them more than you two

blahblahblah said:
yeah, what's anyone going to do? Are they worried there's a forum on other people's sites and we'll all perform some mass exodus or something??

:hmm:

:shh:

U2girl said:

Um, the bass line changes. I didn't say it was wrong.

oh ok. for a minute there I thought the title of this thread was "mistakes in u2 songs".

Okay, don't bother answering that. :whistle:

I had a little listen and (for those of you still wondering) it's at about 2 minutes 16 seconds.

WalkOn21 said:
In one of the songs on ATYCLB, Bono starts singing too early (the intro isn't over yet) but the band fill in nicely.
OK I figured what song it is, it's Wild Honey.

Bono's supposed to start at the upbeat (at the end of the intro) but instead he starts after the intro has already ended. Then he sings "In the" real fast to compensate for the rythm.

I wonder why they put the song on the album with this mistake in it. :hmm:

WalkOn21 said:

OK I figured what song it is, it's Wild Honey.

Bono's supposed to start at the upbeat (at the end of the intro) but instead he starts after the intro has already ended. Then he sings "In the" real fast to compensate for the rythm.

I wonder why they put the song on the album with this mistake in it. :hmm:

It's fine and he starts singing at the right time IMO, intro is meant to be without singing.

JOFO said:

oh ok. for a minute there I thought the title of this thread was "mistakes in u2 songs".

oh ok, for a minute there I thought changing the bass line actually means something wasn't right with it in the first place.

Last edited:
yimou said:
Maybe because its NOT a mistake :wink:
Well, on the live versions it's without this alleged mistake. So I take it that it's a mistake.

Fact is, the rhythm on the album version is not 'correct'. When Bono starts singing they somehow count 1 extra. But I can imagine that if you don't play music yourself, you can't hear it.

Back
Top Bottom