miss sarajevo on new tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
do u think they will continue preforming this song on the new tour. For me it was the highlight of the vertigo tour as is marked that the vertigo tour in many ways was about the return of bono's voice and miss sarajevo was a perfect way to show of his voice. Having that said I think bono loved prefoming it - it was like a solo for him and he knew he sounded good. I would realy love to see it on the next tour maybe not everynight but I would be sad to see it go away completely

They'd better!

But I doubt it. :( It fit in very well on the Vertigo Tour, both arenas and stadiums. We'll see.

I don't think they'd make it a regular on another tour.

I think it's too random a song to become a staple.

I think it was played so much on the last tour that they'll give it a rest at the start of the new one. The new tour needs to have a different feel, a different identity... but I'd bet it shows up once or twice before the tour is over!

If Sometimes and Miss Sarajevo will be dropped from the set of the next tour, I hope they'll have another song with an operatic part for Bono to show his voice.

I can see Miss Sarajevo make an occasional appearance, but certainly not on a nightly basis.

I don't think they do, maybe a few times. But I think that song and how they did perform it will be exclusive to Vertigo tour.
But Bono might sing opera in another song, maybe HTBA or a song from the new album. Bono might have written a song for Pavarotti.

i hope not. for me it was hands down the most boring song of the last three tours. i don't get the appeal of it at all. i think bono sounded great on the opera part, but its still a painfully boring song, that absolutely killed the momentum of the show. it was like crickets when they would start it. the crowd would go crazy for the opera part, but the show had already come to a screeching halt by then.

what made it even worse is they replaced running to stand still with it. its bad enough they are playing it, but so much worse when you take out of one of the very best u2 songs for it.

Miss Sarajevo was the highlight of U2:3D, it's anything but boring, I talked to a lot of people who are only casual U2 fans and all of them said it was an amazing performance and very beautiful.

I agree, though, that they shouldn't have replaced Running To Stand Still with it. I love both songs and I like to see both of them in future shows, maybe not every show, but in rotation.

I really hope not. Bono's voice does sound amazing and everything but I've never been a fan of this song live. Even though it is really beautiful.

Miss Sarajevo was the highlight of U2:3D, it's anything but boring, I talked to a lot of people who are only casual U2 fans and all of them said it was an amazing performance and very beautiful.

I agree, though, that they shouldn't have replaced Running To Stand Still with it. I love both songs and I like to see both of them in future shows, maybe not every show, but in rotation.

I would agree with you, if they played RTSS in Zoo TV-style. I'm not a big fan of the song on the album or on JT/LT/Vertigo, but it's absolutely amazing Zoo-style.

I'd like to hear them play either Sometimes or Miss Sarajevo next tour. I love hearing Bono stretch his vocals during both of those songs. Also, in a way it's a bit of a tribute to his friendship to Pavarotti, his father and opera.

If they don't play it, they need to dust off something else they haven't done much of / played for a long time IE: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.

I hope not - really hate the song. Way to much "kitsch" - Bono is NOT an opera singer - it's emberassing seeing him trying to. But I sadfully think the will play it - Bono said in an interview to the "U2 3D"-film that is one of the songs he love the most - and the song in the movie he most like to watch. Horrible...:ohmy:

I'd like to hear them play either Sometimes or Miss Sarajevo next tour. I love hearing Bono stretch his vocals during both of those songs. Also, in a way it's a bit of a tribute to his friendship to Pavarotti, his father and opera.

:up:

I feel the same way and I'd hate to see the song go forever and never be played live again, it's one of U2's most beautiful moments. For me, it's one of the songs that really defines Bono as a singer, especially in recent years with his improved voice.

I hope not - really hate the song. Way to much "kitsch" - Bono is NOT an opera singer - it's emberassing seeing him trying to. But I sadfully think the will play it - Bono said in an interview to the "U2 3D"-film that is one of the songs he love the most - and the song in the movie he most like to watch. Horrible...:ohmy:

Not an opera singer... He is an tenor, it is one of his best performence in his career. Just listen to the Milan and U23D performences of the song. This is the song that make people most impressed :)

I like miss sarajevo live, but its got to fit the context of the show otherwise it will stick out like a sore thumb.

I think Miss Sarajevo should stick around for the new tour as a tribute to the late Pavarotti. They could play the song and then play a video of him singing the middle section. I think it would be fitting and meaningful.

I loved Miss Sarajevo but I think it should be left in the Vertigo Tour memory vault. Whether it comes back all depends on the theme of the next tour.

I personally don't think they will. I admit, it was absolutely fricking awesome when Bono did the Pavarotti parts, a highlight of the Tour.

Back
Top Bottom