Mirrorball Man Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropean103

Refugee
Don't you think he was the coolest out of all Bono's characters? I think he easyly beats the fly and mac. First of all- great way to open an encore, with 'hollywood' version of desire. Mirrorball man's 'american preacher' style was briliant. Acting, accent, gesture, movement- all was excellent! I don't even want to start talking about the speach which ends desire, it was so perfect. When they will (finally) release Sydney DVD I wish U2 could add bonus footage of 'Desire - phone call to Bush - Ultraviolet' encore (of course with mirrorball man). I HAVE A VISION! I HAVE VISION! TELEVISION! TELEVISION!

If you haven't seen him yet in action, here's a link to performance of desire from outside broadcast leg (great stuff):

http://s30.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=2AO8ZHJ1A1OVD0J8MJZO2IPNYQ

That's all folks!

I especially like his appearence in the beginning of Desire, ZOO TV. Cool character, I like him as I like The Fly and MacPhisto. The three were equally cool.

love, i believe in love
(...)
i believe in cheap cosmetics
(...)
i have a vision, i have a vision,
television

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Wow thats the first time i've seen the Mirrorball Man in action...was that tv crew thing setup by the band? i didn't entirely understand what was going on haha actually that could be said of ZooTV in general made it great though....

LJT said:
Wow thats the first time i've seen the Mirrorball Man in action...was that tv crew thing setup by the band? i didn't entirely understand what was going on haha actually that could be said of ZooTV in general made it great though....

Yeah I think that tv crew was planned. Paul McGuinness said a while back that most of the things on ZooTV were accurately scheduled, because they were aware of high risk..

mirrorballman.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart:

He's great and all, but he's no Mac. Regardless, he was a big part of Zoo TV, and Zoo TV is the greatest thing that has happened in the history of the world.

He's great and all, but he's no Mac. Regardless, he was a big part of Zoo TV, and Zoo TV is the greatest thing that has happened in the history of the world.
Amen, brother!

I just saw that video... :shocked:

WHAT A VIDEO, WHAT A PERFORMANCE, WHAT A SHOW, WHAT A SHOW, WHAT A SHOW, THIS IS THE SHOW, THIS IS THE SHOW. BELIEVE IN LOVE, BELIEVE IN LOVE, beLIEve IN LOVE, beLIEve, beLIEve, BELIEVE IN ME, BELIEVE, BELIEVE IN YOU, TAKE TO THE SKIES, TAKE ME TO HEAVEN, BELIEVE IN ME, BELIEVE IN ME, BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE...

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!!

:drool:

(Damn French :angry: )

"Desire" was always more Mirror Ball Man's song than MacPhisto's. Glad they swapped that for "Daddy's Gonna Pay..." the last leg.

Back
Top Bottom