MIRRORBALL GIRL!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
and anyone else who was there.....remember before the second chicago show for the 3rd leg, when bono came out of the car and said that they were running late for a photo shoot. well i just got the new SPIN magazine and noticed that the pictures of the band standing on the heart are from the united center. so i guess that was the photo shoot that they were running late for....just thought i'd let you know

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

YEAH!!! I saw that! It was so funny. I got the magazine, looked at the cover, and noticed that Edge was wearing the same t-shirt he did on the 16th. For a second I was like, "Hey, you know, I wonder ..." but then I saw that Adam was wearing a different outfit than he did at the concert and didn't think any more about it. But then when I opened to the first page of the article I saw the little Blackhawk in the background and looked at the caption -- and sure enough! It was so hilarious, because after Bono told us that and went inside, my friends and I were wondering what the heck they could be shooting inside the venue with no audience. Maybe them hanging out on the season ticket holder's couches on the 3rd tier? Well, now we know.
smile.gif

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

WOOHOO!! I was there too, with Mirrorball Girl. But unlike Mirrorball Girl, it did not occur to me until I read the caption that the pics were shot in the United Center, at which point I squealed rather loudly, causing my mother to inquire if I had hurt myself. I personally find it amusing that Bono was wearing different outfits a)when he drove up, b)during the photo shoot and c)during the concert. What I little fashion plate our Bono is
wink.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

Proud member of Larry's stick-keeper's association

Hey Gina! I'm at work right now, so I really shouldn't be on here. Oh well. Anyway, ha! Your mom thought you hurt yourself? My mother would probably ignore such an outburst from me. Anyway, I think those photos in Spin are good, but they could have been improved with 15 or 20 cold, loyal fans in the background near the tip. At least that's how I see it.
wink.gif

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Hey U2One -- did you ever get that photo you took outside of Bono scanned?

No, unfortunately because of school and my laziness I haven't yet. More so my laziness. But I'm on break now, so I'll definitely get my pictures scanned and post them in a week or 2.

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Anyway, I think those photos in Spin are good, but they could have been improved with 15 or 20 cold, loyal fans in the background near the tip. At least that's how I see it.
wink.gif

hahaha, yea but only the people that were on our side of the fence.....bono did come to our side first

------------------

Originally posted by U2One:
hahaha, yea but only the people that were on our side of the fence.....bono did come to our side first

Oh, you're right -- sounds fine to me!
biggrin.gif
And I can't wait to see your photos.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom