Miracle Drug Should be Released as a Single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akhan01

The Fly
Riding the tide from the Grammys, U2 should release "Miracle Drug" as a single in North America.

I totally disagree. If they must release another single, make it LAPOE. Hit people with something unexpected rather than more Typical U2.

Axver said:
I totally disagree. If they must release another single, make it LAPOE. Hit people with something unexpected rather than more Typical U2.

...or Fast Cars EP, with one or two new songs and at least 5 live songs from VertigoTour :wink:

bathiu said:

...or Fast Cars EP, with one or two new songs and at least 5 live songs from VertigoTour :wink:

:up: that sounds good to me.

Miracle Drug is good but too typical U2, and we really don't need another single from the Bomb, anyway. It's over a year old, 5 singles already...Fast Cars though, put that on an EP or a movie soundtrack or something and you got yourself a perfect single release.

Not sure if its a sign of anything... but I heard A Man and A Woman in a Godiva store yesterday when I was buying a gift for my girlfriend:)

david said:
They quit playing Miracle Drug live.

didn't stop them from releasing If God Will Send His Angels or Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

akhan01 said:
Riding the tide from the Grammys, U2 should release "Miracle Drug" as a single in North America.

Great idea, but unfortunately it won't happen since they have already released 5 singles. Its the best song on HTDAAB and one their top 10 songs of all time. It should have been the second single from the album.

i would have to agree that they probably wont release more than 5 singles, that could be overkill...

though miracle drug is growing on me

bathiu said:

How about a Fast Cars EP with the iTunes songs? Then we can actually have them in CD quality. :drool:

Axver said:

I totally agree. But Miracle Drug would be definitely a radio-friendly.

Actually, Miracle Drug is great musically, but the vocal melody beginning with 'Freedom has a scent' just makes me go 'Ah fuck here goes Bono with the typical Bono whine/wail, time to tune out'.

If they reworked it a bit it might work as a single.

No more from Bomb, please. It's time to move on.

If they release anything else they'll just be milking it for all it's worth AND THEN SOME. :mad:

catlhere said:
The next single should be the first off their new album :drool: :combust:

Totally and 100% agree...I like bomb, but it's time to move on to bigger and *hopefully* better things :)

I don't think it would be a good single. Like others have said, it's typical U2. Plus the chorus isn't very catchy. I think LAPOE would be better.

I don't think another single should be released at all though.

I find it more than likely they WILL release another single, perhaps Miracle Drug, in the Australasian area as they start their tour in our area in the coming months. It would sell like hotcakes with all the U2 hype going on now. I don't think they'll release anything else in Europe/North America, but Australasia is a likelyhood. It just seems to make sense having a good single out and touring at the same time.

My friends who are not diehard U2 fans or really into new music really enjoyed and asked about Fast Cars when I took them to see U2. Its a very unique song by U2, let alone if any band made a song like that.

Fast Cars "Vertigo Tour" EP

Fast Cars
B-side
Live Track
Live Track
B-side
Live Track (Yawehh)

Could work..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom