Miracle Drug has finally hit me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
And it just happened listening to it now, "God I need your help Tonight", slide solo then i was sold, cheers U2..........

After about 20 listens it's one the best songs ever now:dance: :dance: , just had to say this

i'm getting there folks. i think i tried too hard to like it at first, so i had to step back and listen objectively, and i'm guessing in about a week it will be my favorite song on the album.

i loved it but after I heard the Radio One live version, I love it even more! When they perfect it, its going to be so great on the tour.

I don't love the first half of this song. it only gets good from the solo on. I do love the solo though and the whole ending. when he says "God i need your help tonight", the guitar bursts in as if heaven itself had just opened in answer to his plea. Very meaningful guitar playing at the end, not just "for the heck of it"

Maybe I will grow to appreciate this song for what it is but right now I just dont enjoy it as much as the others. It really needs a different position on the album. You expect too much from the second track i guess. SIAM...was a terrible second track, this one isn't as bad as that . I don't hate the song, I just don't see it as the second coming yet...but give it a few years i supppose...or maybe a few days , who knows.

mikal said:
i'm getting there folks. i think i tried too hard to like it at first, so i had to step back and listen objectively, and i'm guessing in about a week it will be my favorite song on the album.

same thing happened to me. i was floored by it at first, listened to it a few more times and said ah its good but not great, but then earlier this week i believe it became my favorite song on the album and one of my favorites ever.

the way the song starts and the way Bono sings the first verse is chilling to me. Great stuff, but I dont really like the "freedom has scent/babys head" line.

Does anyone else listen to MD from this point off view...Bonos lyrics = Christopher Nolans mother, and the Edge's lyrics = Christopher himself?

Great song, great story and i am looking so forward to it on the upcoming tour.

Bonos lyrics = Christopher Nolans mother, and the Edge's lyrics = Christopher himself?

YES!!! - I have always thougtht this and I think it is brilliant! Also notice that Edge only speaks after the "God I need your help tonight" part

Solo (slide guitar)/ "yeah yeah" = mother pleading to the Lord

"God I need your help tonight" = her verbal prayer.

Guitar bombast = Heaven openning/Prayer answered

Edge Vocal = Christopher speaks ("i hear your voice")

It is great songwriting.

I heard it on the radio yesterday...I was in the car though and my parents wouldn't shut up so I couldn't really hear it all that well. I liked it, but I wasn't blown away by it. I need to listen to it again!

I loved Miracle Drug the first time I heard it, and I'm loving it even more as the days go by. Great song! :drool:

Edit: OMFGASDKISKFY! 1000 posts! I'm addicted, ha.

Having listened to this album about 100 times since the leak, it was only 2 days ago that this track really hit me.

I couldn't get into Sometimes at first either but that only took about 4 or 5 days until I was convereted this took two or three weeks.

But how cool is it, when another track just hits you, especially when you thought you got as much you were gonna get out of the album.

I've listened to this album sooo many times since the leak that finally now miracle drug has hit! Cranked up loud in the car the song is killer!

I heard this song for the first time on radio 1 and it definitely hit me on 1st time listen. It was very touching and hearing Bono explain the story about the guy starting at Mount Temple was so moving. It certainly is a much better 2nd track than SIAM. I reckon that is gonna be a great builder at the gigs next year! Can't wait to see them play it live :hyper: :up:

Back
Top Bottom