Miracle Drug FULL SONG LYRICS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AussieU2fanman

Refugee
Okay here's the deal, I was talking to some guy who claims to know the people that recorded the leaked clips, and he says he heard them all. I asked if he could send me some, (but I would have sent them to everyone lol), and he intelligently declined. He did, however, send me the full lyrics transcribed from Miracle Drug from the leak. His name on mirC is JeanU2 with some numbers after it or something like that, I'll get his full name in a sec. There are some holes in the lyrics, but so far it looks pretty damn good! Tell me what you guys think. Here's what he sent me:

(Bono wailing)

Forged in the deepest realm
Guilt spills over the ???
Lost control, lost my senses
Except the one I saw with you

Sunlight to moonlight And the desperation trap,
I know it was in a fit of distraction,
But I’ll let your spirit come spray false light……

CHORUS
I can see it your eyes, I can see it when you smile…
I can’t end up with your ..?
To feel the love yeh I’ve given up
My miracle drug……Miracle Drug

VERSE 2
You said I didn’t have to
But I did it anyway
Because the lie can’t swivel the truth away
How much longer until I ????

You know I can’t stand to see you bother
With such a simple plan
The blind aren’t colourblind
Don’t you know, not love….not love….

CHORUS
My miracle drug……Miracle Drug

(Edge solo)

(Edge singing)
A miracle forged on my lovers nest,
And you don’t know so don’t stay a second less???
Come into, and only stay
To take the dreams that fade away

Without you, without you…

My miracle drug…….Miracle Drug
Miracle……..my Miracle drug…….
Miracle….Miracle, Miracle Drug……..

Holy shit. That looks great. I just listened to the beach clip, reading along at the right spot, the second line of Edge's lyrics don't sound right at all, but they all look great.

I hope that's not the real lyrics. It's a ripoff from Lionel Richie's song back in the 80's called "Hello".

----
Hello, is it me you're looking for?

I can see it in your eyes, I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted and my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say and you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much, I love you
----

Oh well, U2 did borrow from A-Ha's "touch me" in Beautiful Day so it's not that far-fetched to think that Bono's inspired by Lionel Richie now. After all, the answer to the query how to dismantle an atomic bomb is LOVE. So it seems plausible that Vertigo is just a single to throw us off (kinda like The Fly) when it fact the album will be filled with lovesongs (perhaps inspired by balladeers like Lionel Richie, etc.)

Cheers,

J

jick said:
I hope that's not the real lyrics. It's a ripoff from Lionel Richie's song back in the 80's called "Hello".

----
Hello, is it me you're looking for?

I can see it in your eyes, I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted and my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say and you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much, I love you
----

J

Well we know for a fact that the lyrics are like that! (listen to the leaked clip) It's just the first line 'I can see it in your eyes, I can see it in your smile,' that is the same. One line of plajerism from U2 isn't that bad I guess (or perhaps they didn't even know).

Even if this 'Jean' didn't transcribe the lyrics that accurately, this song is going to be damn great.

Bono did meet Lionel Richie at the Monaco Grand Prix back in May this year...:wink:

Oh, to love this song even more... :sigh: I'm being presumptuous I know, but this is a favorite already.
This Jean, does he have more lyrics? Or was Miracle Drug the only song he heard?

:greedy:

If you listen to the leak, it doesn't sound like that's what Edge sings. In any case, did you ask the guy was the song was like?

I'm trying to anaylze the lyrics, some really powerful stuff from Bono. 'The blind aren't colourblind' What does that mean lol? It sounds poetically powerful, but I can't quite understand it. Can people start analyzing this song please?
'Forged in the deapest Realm.' - The drug of her love forged in the heart or something?
'But I’ll let your spirit come spray false light……' - I love this line. Wow.

BTW I asked him when I got the lyrics what he thought of the song. He thought it was a 'good very' song lol. His English isn't too crash hot, but I know he loved it nontheless! He just didn't have the vocabulary to say what this song really will be, ie. 'Breathtaking.'

Does the guy you are talking to know the reason the Spanish guys aren't putting all the clips out there? Also, from what i'm reading, this is still someone's interpretation from the windy beach recordings so there is certainly room for error with the lyrics.

Why doesn't the spanish guys post the full-beach-recording online? Are they afraid of RIAA, respect U2 by not publishing it or just keeping it for themselves? I love to hear them.... I also heard the Vertigo-leak and still was very suprised when I heard the whole thing in full quality.... So please spanish guys, give us something to talk about till 22 nov!

There are some spots that couldn't be heard because of the recording, but he says the rest are pretty accurate.

P.S. I talked to 'Jean' and asked why he doesn't give everyone the other clips. He said that it's not respecting U2 by releasing all the clips of the album. Just enough is given to us to rev our interest up. He did however, say that there will be more clips leaked very soon, but not all of them will be released (I'm guessing a maximum of 2 before the album is released). If he has any heart, he'll give us the full Miracle Drug clip ;)
Anyway, we need somebody to give these to Edge to see if these lyrics are 100% genuine! Edge where art thou?

Last edited:
Haha, the way you make it sound, i am starting to think the band IS in on this...sounds very calculated!

Theres something fishy with these Spaniards? Why record them and not share them. I wonder if they are the ones who stole the CD and overdubbed some ambient sound as to not rouse suspicion? I think thats what it is. Stolen CD overdubbed with beach sounds and the guys aren't sharing the wealth.:mad:

I have no problem at all with the Spanish guys not releasing the clips. I don't think that the fact that they recorded this means they SHOULD share it with the world. It would be very disrespectful for U2 to release the entire album with such a crappy recording. I appreciate the fact that they put out some clips, so we can have an idea of the songs, but I realy don't think it would be in anyone's advantage, the fans or the band, to get to hear the album this way. I would rather wait two months and hear the real thing.

You guys know the band would NOT be happy if entire 'beach' songs were to go on the net, and I totally understand that. I congratulate the Spanish guys for the way they handled this: not keeping everything to themselves, but not going too far either.

I think it would really be a crime listening to such a beautiful song as Miracle Drug in an awful recording. I think in that case I would have to wait Nov.22

great lyrics for the song, from these and what weve heard, sounds like a u2 classic in the making :wink:

Back
Top Bottom