Miracle Drug FULL SONG LYRICS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AussieU2fanman said:

Are you sure your listening to the right clip ax? It is unmistakingly Edge singing after his solo (Everyone's reporting that Edge plays a more prominant role in vocals this time round, and this is evidently so). Anyway, I know from this 'Jean' that this song is awsome (unless he's full of shit, but I seriously doubt it).

The clip is 1:11, right? I'm feeling pretty sure the same person is singing at the start and end ... maybe my clip's poor quality. Is there a cleaned up copy? I think I only have the original leak.

Whatever the case, I still don't like the lyrics, but I'll reserve judgement until I hear the full song and can understand them all in context. The solo does sound absolutely amazing, too.

Ok hold the phone! The new report from NME mentions the lyrics, "Want to trip inside your head/Spend the day there"
They aren't mentioned on this interpretation which means these lyrics must be made up! I'VE BEEN SCREWED!! (But I love these lyrics nontheless! I wander who had the creativity to make them up) :hmm:

AussieU2fanman said:
Ok hold the phone! The new report from NME mentions the lyrics, "Want to trip inside your head/Spend the day there"
They aren't mentioned on this interpretation which means these lyrics must be made up! I'VE BEEN SCREWED!! (But I love these lyrics nontheless! I wander who had the creativity to make them up) :hmm:

Maybe they weren't made up, only deciphered incorrectly. Hey, I liked those lyrics too!

Can we get some info on this??? Please? :)

Notice also NME quotes Vertigo lyrics as: "Hello, hello, we're in a place called vertigo".

When the lyrics are in fact, "Hello, hello, I'm at a place called Vertigo"..

So who knows. I am actually hoping that the lyrics that AussieU2fanman posted are correct and that he's got a good scoop ...!

brachanam9 said:
Notice also NME quotes Vertigo lyrics as: "Hello, hello, we're in a place called vertigo".

When the lyrics are in fact, "Hello, hello, I'm at a place called Vertigo"..

So who knows. I am actually hoping that the lyrics that AussieU2fanman posted are correct and that he's got a good scoop ...!

I'm pretty sure that for that last chorus in Vertigo Bono switches to "We're at a place..."

Earnie Shavers said:

I'm pretty sure that for that last chorus in Vertigo Bono switches to "We're at a place..."

yep, me too...

I can't begin to fathom that the lyrics posted up-thread are the real goods:no:
but then I had a seriously scarily fucked-up personal radio connection to Lionel Ritchie's tune back when it was new, so it would be unbelievably deflating to me if they were the lyrics, like U2 had turned to reospeedwagon or something...
please please please if there's a god those won't be the lyrics to miracle drug....

cheers all!

well, i think when you are around for a quarter century, you are going to end up using something someone else used in a song previously at least once or twice. especially in a love song.

As for that being the Edge singing...i definitely thought it was Bono at first. However, about a million listens in, i would almost guarantee it's the edge. The very last second of the clip is what gave it away for me. Bono would never sound like that on a higher note.

Is there a better cleaned up version? Because I'm not able to hear anything but the Spaniards, except for about the 1st 30 seconds

ShellBeThere said:
You guys are really really scaring me if you're saying that the lyrics are gonna make me hear Lionel Ritchie's Hello.
I am truly terrified now...:yikes:

LOL!

Well this guys keeps telling me they are correct and that's what he heard. Maybe Bono changed the lyrics, which is what he did for Vertigo. Actually, that's fairly likely. :hmm:

Sometimes Bono reads from newspapers, ads, whatever is lying around the studio when he's trying out a melody. At times I sing a melody and just sing whatever comes to mind.
Then later the track, and its premature lyric, changes. This might be a newborn track that he heard, not yet fully fledged.
Who knows about all this stuff. Good lyrics, but I can say the same about mine. I can make up stuff like too and post it on here and say it's U2. Wouldn't be too far off base.
It's hard to tell where U2's ground is at right now, with their recording being lost/stolen, and all this rumour going around. Who cares anyway, soon it shall be November and we'll all unveil the truth then, shall it bleed through our tears of anxiety and relief and tear through our hearts with electrifying shock, admiration, and human happiness.
Don't ruin the opening of the curtain for me.

These lyrics sound like something Robert Plant would write.

"Forged in the deepest realm"??!?

That's Lord of the Rings shit. Led Zeppelin territory. :eyebrow:

DaveC said:
These lyrics sound like something Robert Plant would write.

"Forged in the deepest realm"??!?

That's Lord of the Rings shit. Led Zeppelin territory. :eyebrow:

you got to wonder what kind of "miracle drugs" robert plant was on during the recording of some of the Zep albums.

LOL I'm laughing at all of you who said "ohhh man those lyrics are awesome!!! Can't wait for this song!!!". Not only were they 100% wrong line for line, but they downright sucked!!! I'm glad I wasn't fooled into thinking those were good lyrics then so I can laugh at how pathetic all of you are. Hahahahahahaaaa.

shart1780 said:
LOL I'm laughing at all of you who said "ohhh man those lyrics are awesome!!! Can't wait for this song!!!". Not only were they 100% wrong line for line, but they downright sucked!!! I'm glad I wasn't fooled into thinking those were good lyrics then so I can laugh at how pathetic all of you are. Hahahahahahaaaa.

:lmao:

I know exactly what u mean. Everyone was hailing these lyrics! They were actually somewhat believable though whoever made them, they made some sense at least! :D

Back
Top Bottom