Miracle Drug...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I dont care what anybodys says, for the second time in a matter of years, a family friend has just been told he has lung cancer, (my Aunt passed away with cancer 2 years ago), this song sticks out again and again, people might hate it, but jeesus it hits home, it's there with me through the worst times, and keeps me going somehow, so hate it or love it, for me its up there with the best, and this is where it all comes down to opinion, so stop with the arguing just love what you love and let that be that.

"The songs are in your eyes, i see them when you smile" for me looking into someones eyes who pretend they are not worried, but really they are terrified,

lets love, not argue

I actually like this song, believe it or not. It has far fewer lyrical bloopers than a lot of other songs on this album. And the tiny guitar bit at the end is actually interesting compared to the other tiny guitar bits in the other songs! And no, I don't mind the freedom baby head line.

this one really is a great song, despite what lots of fans say.

i actually even liked the live version thats how much i like this one!

I love the idea of being so into someone, just wanting to spend the day seeing things as they do and knowing what they're thinking (trippin' in their head). That's so cool.

I also always think of the story Bono tells before this song , about Edge being from the future. "What's it like?" "It's better." YEAH!!!!! :yes:

And to the OP - sorry to hear about your friend.

I love 'Miracle Drug' and I find it deeply touching (do not read with irony). Cannot understand why people on this site don't enjoy it, but different strokes for different blokes (and chicks too).

I am you and you are mine
Love makes nonsense of space
And time will disappear
Love and logic keep us clear
Reason is on our side
Love

That there is probably the verse that really made me a U2 fan. Miracle Drug is an incredibly gorgeous song. Baby heads and all. (Have you ever smelled one?!)

I always thought the song was far better on stage, Bono's vocals seemed to free up and were less strained, the lyrics which Edge sang on the album had really eerie connotations out on the road and the synths weaved into the climax gave the whole thing a real feeling of lift off. For me anyway.

Hutdab was the first album I got, right, and I was in awe the first time I heard this song. It is very good. Would have loved to have heard it live.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend :hug: and I agree on the song, MD has always been and still is my favourite song off Bomb!

Miracle Drug is a great song. The album version is the best IMHO.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's illness:hug:

As for Miracle Drug, I can totally understand your feelings for this song. It's a great song, I loved it from the very first time I heard it, and it has grown even more on me live, not because I consider the live version of the song to be very good, but because of Bono's stories, the one about Christopher Nolan and the Edge future story, they just happen to touch and move me any time. Also the pope story, don't know exactly what show that one was from, where Bono said "We can make God smile" and "God is a fan of science". There have some some really moving moments that are connected with the live performance of MD.
So, yeah, the song has a special place in my heart.

It might be a personal song to you but the song stinks like the cheeseburger under my bed imo.

No Gerkins no deal.

Back
Top Bottom